Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

varadero cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varadero cuba

booked a holiday to cuba leave tuesday for 16days. the fishing in cuba is ment to be some of the best in the world so was wondering if any of you guys have been there fishing if so where do i start??

Hi mate where you are staying there is a marina, loads of fishing boats go out of there. Do consider this though everything you catch no matter size or species is taken, that's the reason I dont fish in the Caribbean. Also don't forget the factor 40 for the boat mate lol. The reefs and wreaks out there are abundant with barracuda small sharks and countless other fish.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

nice one rich, i will do some exploring around the marina while im there. i just think it would be a shame to go all that way and not wet a line even if its just for a few hours.

Comment

I stayed in valedero just after the hurricanes hit, it was like a bomb site all the trees and beach bar were demolished but managed to make the best of it.
        Didnt venture out on a fishing trip but fished off the back of the pedelos with some line and hooks brought from the local town and caught some nice fish on bread and prawns that we bribed the waiter for.
        You can see the fish take your bait in the shallow water quite close to the beach as the water was gin clear.
        I have been on a boat trip in the carribean at a cost of £55 each and was ripped off,only two rods on board and 4 of us. I was first up with another chap and within 2minutes i caught a barracudda and was asked to then sit at the back of the boat whilst someone else took my place and never got to have another go as no one else caught so beware who you book with.
        As rich said they even kept the fish for themselves.
        Have a good holiday m8.

Comment

Stayed varadero couple of years ago really lovely place. Didnt try the fishing but theres loads of options. Make sure you take extra toiletries and any old cloths the hotel workers will be your best friend.

Comment

thanx for the heads up guys il defo be on my guard when trying to find someone to go out with as there will be atleast 4 of us so thats good to know. had a similar thing happen to me in turkey.

Comment

Most people are great, shop around and look at reviews on net for fishing. Worked out in the Caribbean on boats for a while as a rule you will be well looked after.and go into the town for a night nice walk down well lit streets, or a cab. Don't stick in the hotel you will miss out also the Havana trips are very good but it's an all day event.It's very safe in Cuba.

Comment

i have tried looking for some reviews but cant seem to find anything on fishing just about the hotel. a few people have told me that its safe to go out your complex and roam the town which is sound im not the type to sit around the pool or beach for 16 days. really want to do havanna but im taking my young boy and its about a 2hr coach trip and he is at that age where he cant keep still for more than 5 mins!!

Comment

Keep away from the dolphin shows mate, the mosquito are rife round still water.

Comment

Omg my queen and are quite keen on the idea of swimming with them, is it expensive? Better pack extra mozzi spray!!

Comment

Do the catamaran trip m8 you will love it.
                      Try the bucchaneer beer 9% and the fresh lobster is to die for.

Comment

they do the trip to island blanca very nice, didnt see anyone get to swim with the dolphins more touch them. They usually take you there after the catamaran trip, like a two in one trip really.

Comment

just thought id let you guys now how i got on. didnt manage to go fishing silly prices 380cuc for 4hrs plus i was talking to a couple if lads from london who had been and they were not pleased considering how much they paid so thought it was better to give it a miss and got to see the dolphins. i can honestly say it was amazing then the swimming with them after the show made the holiday for us. didnt get to do the cat trip which was a shame but did get to sample afew bucanerros though oh and lots of rum and i mean lots. a brilliant holiday all in all and thanxs for the advise lads.

Comment

380cuc is a lot of money mate for fishing, was that via your rep mate. Also was the weather nice for you, it is as a rule

Comment

it was through the hotel they seemed to get the better prices. the weather was sound apart from one night when we had a proper storm. they have got be be seen to be believed.

Comment

Working...
                              X