Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

lewden springs barnsley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewden springs barnsley

Went to LEWDEN SPRINGS in barnsley monday fished peg 31 pleasuring.used pellet on deck ,up in water,also corn on deck up in water, and maggot nothing was biting..i heard this place was a winner but found it was very hard work even in margins and at distance..is there a specific technique to get the fish biting and where to fish ?.or is it that it would have been matched up all weekend and fish are overfed.anyone know ?

i was there on saturday mate its worm n caster i was on 23 (poor draw after with biting northerly wind in mi kite) i heard maggot shallow up top end but i caught at 6mtrs and 13 cupping 2 pots of micro and a big pot of worm and caster at the start and fished the bites out its solid with big big ide lovely place first time i had fished it saturday but will certainly be back

Comment

i have moved the thread to here mate you will get more advice than you would in the match section

Comment

ok cheers pal,,just think monday to soon to pleasure at lewden after weekend matches.but thanks for advice,got a match there in two weeks on saturday which are best pegs in your opinion.thanks.

Comment

our match was won on the right hand bank in the middle of the first island mate honestly u need a kilo of worm and 3-5 pints of caster if its mild though i would look at maggot shalla and on the drop the place is black like i said it was the first time i bbeen drew very poor and managed 4th in the 20 pegger so not a bad result

Comment

ok pal,thanks will try worm and castor when i go or maggot if mild...thanks

Comment

Maggot shallow or on deck but feed well you may need upto 5 pints, catching well on meat last year as the small carp were up for it, tench in margins also, hope that helps.

Comment

ok thanks..do yoo know if to fish on deck with worm and castor or up in water.

Comment

I fished on deck with worm and caster, if you can get the ide going shallow you will be fine, i simply set my pole rest up and had the float just hanging not actually quite sat on the water keep flicking a few maggots at the end of your pole and the ide hooked themselves, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X