Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cob house farm fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cob house farm fishery

I I've got a match at cob house next Sunday, never fished it before, we are on wyatts pool, is it any good. ?

Yeah Wayne how many fishing the match and have you got the whole pool? Pellet & maggot is all you need.

Comment

No, the pool is fully booked mate, I have half, pegs 1 - 15. How far out you normally fish it? I've heard it's full of fish.

Comment

Solid we had it a couple of weeks ago with 24 guys on 30 pegs I won it with 107lb off peg 4 most of the fish shallow at 13m on banded pellet had a few fish at 4m on the deck in the last hour!

Comment

Ok mate, think I'll go with pellet then. Looking forward to it now.

Comment

Paste at 4m on the deck

Comment

Fished it yesterday mate was a bit harder than usual I think because of the weather and a big match th day before, I caught on paste short at 4metres or so, then they just backed of so had to go 9metres where they were feedin way more confidently, caught on pellets there, usually get them in between your nets it's that full but with 23 on there and it being so cold they were just in that deeper water and none were caught shallow, it is rammed though mate

Comment

Peg 7,8,9 probably best in middle of lake out of your side plus end pegsof course. Any bait will do, feed 4 mil pellets regularly corn, maggot pellet or meat on hook. Start out at 10 metres but feed indide and try after an hour as you will catch quicker. Most fish 1-2lb, no silvers, good fish close in later. Expect 100lb plus to win.

Comment

Thanks for the info lads, I'm looking forward to a good day, I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally stocked at 100lb per peg, the fish have grown and there ARE silvers in there - just not many :-). Mostly pellet and corn been catching in recent weeks. Used to have two top blokes working there, but only Joe in the shop will know anything now hehehe
                    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I take it you use to work there? Ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

fished it a couple of weeks ago winner fished paste short all day and i was second again fished paste short all day, weights were lower than normal it was bloody cold i had gloves on (middle of april) was won with 62lb and i was second 52lb, one thing i will say is take a platform make sure you got youre wellies as its very low and you'll need to fish in front of youre peg ideally

Comment

What pegs was you on mate?

Comment

Weights mostly come from the one end of the pool mate the back of the oak, and few silvers were caught on Sunday which don't normally show because of the huge amounts of carp in there

Comment

Originally posted by wayne7573 View Post
                              What pegs was you on mate?
                              i was on peg 19 winner came off the very end peg opposite oak pool dont know what peg it was, but alot of the other weight came off the opposite bank from peg 3 to 9 all fished ok given the weather
                              ive written about it on my blog it might give you some more info, take a look
                              FISHING MY WAY

Comment

Working...
                              X