Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River tees ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River tees ?

hello all i was just wondering if any of you have fished the river tees latly and if so where abouts and how did you do ?

phil

dont think info about the tees around darlo of much use to you but free stretch at broken scar not fishing too bad for chub and dace with the odd barbel showing.trout and grayling in abundance for a change.best baits for barbel and chub halibut pellets or a really strong smelling cheese paste on weekemds dog walkers throwing sticks for dogs can be a pain in the butt

Comment

tell us about it mate was fishing it last year and dogs jumping in right where you are fishing and if fishing there wasnt hard enough thats why i prefer to go in the colder months the tend not to be as many people walking down there have you ever fished the still bit before the rapids mate ive had a few nice trout out of there

Comment

i have fished the free stretch of the tees since 1965 and must have fished every swim possible biggest chub to date 5lbs10ozscaught on an old richard walker recipie of smelly cheese paste best barbel 7lbs5ozs on halibut pellet with hemp in the feeder 1 salmon 8lbs4ozs caught by accident on sweetcorn
        best swims are downstream of cleasby deeps toward blackwell just before and after the wire fence and stile had a few good days down there early this year fishing stickfloat with caster for dace and small chub with a few large gugeon for good measure having probs with this damn comp so at the moment cant read private messages

Comment

no problem mate im off to broken scar on thursday with my mate just wondering which part would you advice us to go to right the way down to the bend or what mate after anything reli few nice chub would be nice and as for the smelly cheese paste how do you make that ? [email protected] is my email if your having difficulties with your private messages

Comment

is there many pike at broken scar mate i no there is a few at blackwell just my mate stiffy75 likes his pike fishing so was just wondering

Comment

the instructions were 6 slices of white and 6 brown bread with crusts removed dip them in cold water then place in a clean tea towel and squeeze hard to remove as much water as possible then place bread into a clean mixing bowl and knead into a smooth paste take 6ozs of blue cheese broken into small pieces and knead them into the bread paste if the mix is too wet mix in dry bread crumbs the paste must be kneaded really smooth and hard but not too hard the longer this paste is kept the stronger it smells so be warned or you can cheat and buy cheese powder from most tackle shops just tell them you want it to make paste. if i were you id start fishing at the bend just before cleasby deeps give it a couple of hours if no luck move down stream to where the old gravel works used to be, the river widens with a back eddy on the far side cast just into the crease with a feeder or straight lead anther couple of good swims are at the wire fence about 200 yards downstream, chub and barbel often come out along this stretch they hang around under the far bank cover dont forget the hemp,halibut pellets and casters with some flavoured luncheon meat tight lines

Comment

not a lot of people fish for pike at broken scar but a few get caught around cleasby deeps and down stream not very big though the biggest i know of was just over 11lbs tight lines

Comment

cheers mate im not where this cleasby deeps are and the wire fence are but im sure if i look ill find em cheers for the cheeese paste advice ill giv them a go ill let you no how i get on

Comment

re;river tees.

Yes i was there on Saturday at the lower end of stockton which i think is bowesfield there was a good number of anglers there and i had a really good day catching some lovely roach a few perch and one or two nice size bream.
                    Swany76

Comment

Working...
                    X