Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hayfield fishing lakes[

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayfield fishing lakes[

any advice gratefully accepted got match on little adams lake week on sat.thank you

Could be long pole, on bottom or up in water with 6mm, maybe 8mm pellets, I'd probably start on that and if no good or see plenty topping in middle go onto waggler with 8mm pellets, then try bomb over same line later or if windy. Margins can be good if in a corner or have at least 2 spare pegs in the afternoon, waste of time if no room and early in day. Feed it heavy with 2 hours to go, I like micros and maggots but meat or corn can work.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
      any advice gratefully accepted got match on little adams lake week on sat.thank you
      Problem will be room wiggy , there are 33 pegs i think and their will be 27 on match , Nathan obviously will know it well so i guess you have got to hope for a corner or a spare peg .
      [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

What sort of depths we looking at Nathan ??
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

11ft, middle of lake prob be best.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
            Could be long pole, on bottom or up in water with 6mm, maybe 8mm pellets, I'd probably start on that and if no good or see plenty topping in middle go onto waggler with 8mm pellets, then try bomb over same line later or if windy. Margins can be good if in a corner or have at least 2 spare pegs in the afternoon, waste of time if no room and early in day. Feed it heavy with 2 hours to go, I like micros and maggots but meat or corn can work.
            Thanks for info Nathan, looks like a visit to bait cabin to load up with 6-8mm pellets and hope for corner draw. thanks again for info.

regards wiggy

Comment

yes sean thats whats needed who wouldnt you be suprised to see in corner or with spare peg???

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                Thanks for info Nathan, looks like a visit to bait cabin to load up with 6-8mm pellets and hope for corner draw. thanks again for info.

regards wiggy
                I wouldn't want a corner mate!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                  I wouldn't want a corner mate!
                  What areas are we looking for then Nathan??? and is method feeder an option ??

Comment

Would you be talking about Mr Brown by any chance Wiggy ?? LOL.
                    In Line method feeders only Wig.
                    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                    ><((((?>
                    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Method can be worth a try, prefer bomb, as said, middle of lake, wind off back if cold and windy, maybe in face if warm and not too strong!

Comment

Is it all big fish nath or is it mixed ?
                        [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

3 to 10lb mainly, plenty of skimmers, few brown goldfish.

Comment

you psychic Will???

Comment

Working...
                            X