Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woodhouse grange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodhouse grange

Got a match at the above on weekend. Does any 1 know how it's fishing and wot baits,methods are working. R match is on kingfisher. Also wot depths are thanks

Take plenty of keepnets!!!! ( touchy subject here, I was disqualified yesterday for being 1lb 04 over the net limit )

Kingfisher fishing good somedays and poor others. Pegs 31, 46 and 47 are the fliers ( there is a broken boat under the water, chuck a bomb to find it and fish feeder or small method upto it) There is a lot of stockies to be had around the rest of the pond ( it was restocked around 12months ago ) plenty of skimmers and ide can be caught over a bit of crumb ( 50's are a good area for better skimmers ) there is some obvious features on several pegs down the edge, these can produce big carp with pellet and corn being the main attack for them.

Comment

Wot are the weight limits there I've never even seen the place.

Comment

That sounds a bit Harsh !!
        most venues would deduct 10% or @ the most all of the fish over net limit ie if you had 70lbs in net & limit was 50lbs
        you would count 50lbs
        Some are good @ calculating their fish a lot of anglers are not
        Colin

Comment

Ask me one on sport mate, there was never a limit, then it was first 50, then they said 60lb but after yesterday its zero tolarance so i would just play it very safe. Take a couple of nets with you and just clarify it before you start. It vari's in depth around the pond from a foot close in on some pegs, 2ft being the average close. some pegs have 10ft on main pole line, the bottom is very uneven so spend plenty of time plumming up to find a decent area to fish.

Comment

Ok cheers for info

Comment

Do u have any idea if paste is workin

Comment

BIGCUP , u really had a bad day , carp basher fishing kingfisher , broken boat is on cobble , lol ave depth 5 ft

Comment

fliers on king fisher are 19 and 21 and there,s only 32 pegs on it ,lee you upset mate lol
                  nige cooke

Comment

Should have said ave depth on kingfisher 5 footish lol

Comment

So wots been winning matches wit methods

Comment

Pm nige cooke mate , he will put you right.

Comment

Just found out we got pegs 1-19 these any good

Comment

Originally posted by nige cooke View Post
                            fliers on king fisher are 19 and 21 and there,s only 32 pegs on it ,lee you upset mate lol
                            yeh mate, was so wound up i've even got mixed up with the ponds!! Totally and utterly out of order Sunday no matter what angle its looked at

Comment

Originally posted by Carp basher View Post
                              Just found out we got pegs 1-19 these any good
                              sorry for wrong info mate, was so wound up with the place I got my ponds mixed up. There is 3 islands on this pond, as one of other lads has said its average of 5ft. Some pegs have reeds close that are worth a look at. Pellet and corn main attack on pole. First island isn't usually to good and very inconsistent. Middle island can be ok and the couple of pegs between middle and bottom island. the bottom one seems to be the best area, small method tight to it but do keep trying down the shelf. Peg 9 throws up regular. 19 being your last peg would be a good draw if there is nobody else past that angler. The bottom few pegs 12 to 17 can be good but only when 2 out of the 5 are pegged as they are on top of each other in what the locals call the bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X