Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Snake lake , Nether Heyford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake lake , Nether Heyford

Anyone have any info on how this venue is fishing . ?

Not fished there, but will be in a couple of weeks time, did find this, maybe of help at least a start

Fisheries.co.uk - Heyford Fisheries, Nether Heyford, Northamptonshire.
    Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by shooter550 View Post
      Not fished there, but will be in a couple of weeks time, did find this, maybe of help at least a start

Fisheries.co.uk - Heyford Fisheries, Nether Heyford, Northamptonshire.
      I have been there before , quite a long time ago though . Would like to know how it`s going at present . Would appreciate you letting me know how you get on there .
      cheers

Comment

I haven`t fished here since it was run by Ken Silverlock! However, I did pop over for a look and chat with anglers a couple of weeks ago. I got the impression they lost lots of fish a couple of years ago, but it seemed to be 'picking up'. I did see a couple of carp netted by some match anglers, but it didn`t seem like the frenzied action it was when I used to spend the odd afternnon here. I`ll also be going myself in a couple of weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gudgeon Governor View Post
          I haven`t fished here since it was run by Ken Silverlock! However, I did pop over for a look and chat with anglers a couple of weeks ago. I got the impression they lost lots of fish a couple of years ago, but it seemed to be 'picking up'. I did see a couple of carp netted by some match anglers, but it didn`t seem like the frenzied action it was when I used to spend the odd afternnon here. I`ll also be going myself in a couple of weeks time.
          OK , Let me know how you get on , cheers ...

Comment

Originally posted by POLEAXE View Post
            OK , Let me know how you get on , cheers ...
            I had hope to report good news, but alas.............

Fished here yesterday (3rd June) but the temperature had dropped, and it rained ALL day!!! Fished for 6 hours on peg 21, and all I could muster were 5 small 'bits' and a Bream about 2.5 lb. The lady in the cafe said it had fished 'hard' the day before. My friend who came with me only had 5 bites, and did not catch anythin, and other people turned up, and packed up before I gave in, so it seems it really was a struggle!

I will, however, try again soon. I think it was just the wrong day to go. I hope you fare better!

Comment

Sorry I totally forgot to post my feedback, Gudgeon Gov, I drew peg 22 on the Sat (2nd) and yep it was hard, well that was an understatement, I won my section with a couple of tench a skimmer and a couple of small bits, caught hard against the far bank, chopped worm, just had to sit and wait. half the field were DNW's and I think the average weight of those who weighed in was around 7lbs. I'm sure it'll get better, many on the higher pegs caught but lost them in snags and loads complaining that the snags were man made from when they cut the overhanging trees back and just let them drop into the water.

As it was a charity match I'm glad I went but if it'd been an open I wouldn't bother, I don't mind hard fishing but there's hard and hard
              Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Shooter! Funny how you drew the peg next to the one I 'chose' to fish! When I used to fish it regularly, and we`re talking over 20 years ago, I always found the better pegs were on the bends to the left hand side, so about 20-28, and the pegs in the 90`s, but this may not be the case now. I see most matches are using pegs 77-132. Maybe this is beacuse the pegs are more uniform, or do they tend to get the better weights these days? Out of interest, anyone fished peg 76 lately? If I drew that in a match, I wouldn`t bother setting up!

Comment

Just thought I'd post a reply to this as I happened upon this thread when looking for info on this lake.

I fished here on Saturday just gone, not really expecting much to be perfectly honest based on what I read here and elsewhere, but thought I'd try my luck. I decided on peg 25, for no specific reason other than I couldn't be bothered to keep walking round. Within two hours I'd pulled in what looked like a carp/bream hybrid about 2lbs and about half a dozen baby carp. This was all on float using a variety of different pellets. It went quiet for about an hour, I had a couple of decent bites on my ledger, one on lunchen meat the other on corn. I managed to hook the one on corn and it felt half decent, but it came off so I'll never know. Out of know where my float went down and it shot off towards the far side of the bank. Because there was no one either side of me for a good few pegs I allowed it to pull for a fair distance, before tiring it out and bringing it on. A nice 6lbs carp.

It went quiet for a good couple of hours, and by this time I was hungry. I walked over to the cafe and found that my car was now the only one left in the car park (there were about 8 cars when I arrived). I guess it was too quiet for the others.

I decided to move a few pegs up to 31, right on the bend with a cluster of reeds on the far bank. Here I pulled out another 6lbs and 8lbs carp, as well as a few more baby carp and a couple of little silver fish. Again all on pellet. I found I was having more luck with the blood worm and krill pellet than the others. The 6lbs one put up a bloody good fight for a fish it's size, taking me a good 10 minutes to bring it in. In fact I hooked another one on my other rod whilst I was trying to bring it in. I quickly loosened the tension so my rod wasn't pulled in and frustratingly I could here the line whizzing off. When I could eventually get to it I found it had swam into the reeds. I tried to get it out and felt like I was succeeding until it eventually came off. That was the only down side to an otherwise good day.

I must say that although I have been fishing for some years, I've only recently started to get back into it properly and I'm feeling a bit of a novice. I've been out several times this year around Northampton and haven't had much success until Saturday. I've probably made it sound better than it actually was, but truth be told I had a good day and I will be going back there soon. The venue itself is nicely maintained with the pegs very tidy and the bushes cut back. It's £7 to fish there now, but you can use more than one rod if you wish too. They do a nice bacon sandwich there too, and there tackle and bait is reasonably priced.

Here's a couple of pics of the one's I managed to take photos of.

20130907_094907.jpg

20130907_123441.jpg

20130907_151741.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X