Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boddington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boddington

Anyone know how Boddington's fishing at the moment. Have the fish spawned as we have a match tomorrow.
    Any tips on baits methods would be appreciated. PM if yu want

What pegs? Carp are up top end around peg 100

Comment

That's good news as we have 80 - 100
      any uptodate info would be appreciated
      is it worth taking a margin pole or is it all pellet wag and lead

Comment

Fished it two weeks ago and was one on all three days up around peg 100.

Method and bomb with pellet.

Pellet wag taking fish in the 80/90s.

Wiil probably be spawning now with the weather, they may have even finished.

Let us know how you go.

David

Comment

Thanks for everyones help we fished it yesterday afternoon and had a cracking day.
          Eleven of us fished and it was won with 193lb with me coming 2nd with 185lb
          Between eleven of us we had over 900lb of carp with the majority of them being taken on the pellet wag and method.

The only blot on the day was when we turned up having booked pegs 80-95 which was clearly marked on the notice board we found a group of six anglers clearly practising for a match on our pegs. When we spoke to them things got quite heated and thet blatantly refused to move so we ended up having to use pegs that were unmarked higher up.
          In the end it didn't spoil the day but I find it disgusting that fellow match anglers who clearly know the score decide to ignore other peoples match bookings and then become idiots when spoken to about it.

If you were one of the six yesterday then next time have some manners and respect other match bookings or the same might happen to you next time
          Last edited by marcuspetch; 1 June 2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thats a bit poor to be honest, they obviously had not bothered to check the notice board - up to the bailiff to sort out really.

Having said that the pegs you fished have been the best pegs in the last few weeks - the pegs just round the point have been producing some massive weights.

At least you had a good day!!!!!

Comment

Method and bomb with pellet.

Comment

Sounds like you had a cracking day in the end Marcus, some people!!

How deep is it at that end now?

how far out and deep were you catching on the Wagg?

I'm up that end next week and only ever fished the other end on the wall.

Thanks
                TenchMan

[IMG]http://www.magiclanterngraphics.com/Fast_fish.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Hello mate yes we had a great day other than the issue with the pegs.
                  I had around 4-5 feet off peg 95. I was catching on the pellet wag at about 2 feet to start and finished about 12" in the last hour when they were really having it. I was fishing as far as I could catapult 8mm pellets which was around 15-20 meters but the fish came in closer later on.
                  Hope that helps and let me know if you need any further info

Comment

Thats great, thanks.
                    TenchMan

Comment

Marcus

Did everyone use the same tactics, if not what else worked?

cheers
                      TenchMan

Comment

Hello mate not been on for a while so only just read your question.
                        The majority of us were fishing pellet wag or straight lead/method but one lad fished the pole at about 10 meters and caught well on 6mm expanders but it took him to long to get the fish in so never got near the big weights. If you are fishing a match mate it will be won on either the lead/method or pellet wag if the weather is good. Dont waste your time trying anything els just concentrate on the two methods and get into a rytham. It might take the fish an hour or so of consistant feeding before you get bites but carry on and you should do well

Comment

Thanks mate, yes i'm fishing a match there on Monday. When I last fished it I started on the bomb, fed for 2 hours with no bites then swapped to the method and caught within 15 mins!
                          Probably start on the method this time but not wait so long if it doesnt work.

My pole isnt gonna leave the garage!
                          TenchMan

Comment

I started on the method mate and fished it for the first 2hrs and did well whilst feeding pellet on over the top but the guy next to me started straight on the pellet wag and also caught throughout the match. The method then slowed down a bit and I went on the wag and never looked back. The last 1hr was really hectic with the float barely settling before it went away. I stepped up the feed and seemed to take the fish away from the next peg as his catch rate really slowed down so just keep feeding and you will also find that the fish sometimes move away for a short spell but keep feeding and they will return

Comment

Thanks for that, got all my gear ready for a 5am start and 3 hour drive!

Hopefully a memorable day though.

cheers
                              TenchMan

Comment

Working...
                              X