Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

South West Brum natrural venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South West Brum natrural venues

alright folks, just about to move to Harborne / Weoley Castle border area.. I really dont know the area or any venues to be fair, I detest commercials, so looking for canals, parks pools, or day ticket natural venues

I know to the following :

Brum Worcester canal - Selly Oak back to Brum, but dont know the decent areas except right in Brum, need advice on stretches, target species, and access points, Ive seen some bits on the train that look like you can park and fish opposite side to the towpath round Selly Oak way

Shenley Pool, and Manor Park Farm.

what else is there within say 5 miles ? any fishing yet on Bartley Resser ?

cheers, a few of you may know me by the way, Im Lee Williams formerly of Fosters of Birmingham, Im leaving Kingstanding, to move to the other side of town, hopefully over the years Ill have helped a few of you, and need some help back now.

hi Yep some good fishing on the canal around selly oak best stretch in strichley access from sparrey drive park behind your peg allmost and its opposite the towpath plenty of roach perch tench etc bread punch in winter for the roach .
    yep you got the pool in weoley castle by lodge hill crem which is free theres a pool at Row heath rec in bournville ebgbaston res of coarse Cannon hill is full of fish one a chuck and as you say Manor farm . No fishing at Bartley green res
    Hope this helps

Comment

whats Manor Farm like ? species and methods ?

Comment

havn't fished it myself for a long time got a couple of mates who fish it now and then think it mostly roach perch etc dont know about carp methods pole and waggler with maggots dont know how popular it is .
        also think theres a match most Sundays on the Canal in Selly Oak

Comment

[QUOTE=rb211;324263]havn't fished it myself for a long time got a couple of mates who fish it now and then think it mostly roach perch etc dont know about carp methods pole and waggler with maggots dont know how popular it is .
          also think theres a match most Sundays on the Canal in Selly Oak[/QUOTE

Took my nephew to Shenley today for an hour with a 3m whip he had 13 fish including a Crucian about 10oz, seems solid, gonna go and plunder it next week on worm and caster.

Comment

did ya walk? seen a couple guys pass my house this morning??????
            going down side of castle ruins
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

This link might be of help to you?

http://hcfishing.com/index.html

Comment

to be honest.....unless its me that site is of no use to anyone ......not a fishery on there let alone any round brum.

Comment

When I lived over there, edgbaston reservoir was always agreat bream venue and canon hill park good for roach with some big carp.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
                    to be honest.....unless its me that site is of no use to anyone ......not a fishery on there let alone any round brum.
                    If I'm reading Snake's initial post correctly, he is enquiring for NON commerical fishing venues...

Comment

kid.....there ay no venues in there

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
                        did ya walk? seen a couple guys pass my house this morning??????
                        going down side of castle ruins
                        yeah there was me, my wifes uncle, and her 2 nephews, I live opposite Stonehouse pub so we walked down there. Where do you use for bait and bits and pieces round here ? Is Trothy at Bearwood nearest ?

Comment

Hi Fella,

If you can make it over to Redditch, Arrowvalley lake is fishing its nuts off - stuffed full of skimmers and proper bream - a mate of mine had 53 proper bream, 20lb of small skimmers and 2 carp on the pole on Monday afternoon!
                          [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                          [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
                          [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Sounds good, but got no transport so reliant on local venues. Shenley was solid, so will give that a go soon.

Comment

trothys is probably nearest..........smithys at northfield is good for bait....storeys halsowen......and pauls down mucklows hill are all the nearest ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X