Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Britford salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britford salisbury

Hi can anyone help me i will be going to fish britford on the first week of the season and i would like to try and fish for the Roach on hemp...should i try tares on the hook and does anyone no the best swims.....Thanks

Hi skimmers, the best way to catch the roach is to move about from swim to swim because the minnows will pester after a time. Feed a few, (4 or 5) maggotts each cast and be prepared to move after about 1/2 hour. I prefer red maggotts for this venue. also use the lightest stick float you can get away with but this method works best. Feeder fishing is ok but the minnows will devour your hookbait as soon as it hits bottom. you can get fed up after a while. Stick float tactics throws up minnows of course but also chub, roach, dace and grayling imbetween those pesky little nibblers. Be aware that keep nets will keep returned dace or roach from spooking the rest of the shoal so your catch rate will be higher with a keep net.

Comment

Hi thanks for your info we had a good day lots of dace,grayling,perch,chubb sorry for late reply just got home

Originally posted by Bastille View Post
      Hi skimmers, the best way to catch the roach is to move about from swim to swim because the minnows will pester after a time. Feed a few, (4 or 5) maggotts each cast and be prepared to move after about 1/2 hour. I prefer red maggotts for this venue. also use the lightest stick float you can get away with but this method works best. Feeder fishing is ok but the minnows will devour your hookbait as soon as it hits bottom. you can get fed up after a while. Stick float tactics throws up minnows of course but also chub, roach, dace and grayling imbetween those pesky little nibblers. Be aware that keep nets will keep returned dace or roach from spooking the rest of the shoal so your catch rate will be higher with a keep net.

Comment

Working...
      X