Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Makins 3, inner and outer avon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makins 3, inner and outer avon

Hi all, its my fist post so be good to me. Got a match soon on inner and outer avon at makins, anyone fished it lately and can clue me up with tactics, baits, best pegs, stamp of fish, it would be very helpful. thanks

Fished a big team match on the venue in 2010. Which we won. Tactics were chop and caster fished as tight to the stick ups on the far bank, and odd bonus fish in margin at last hour.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, whats the target fish then ? is it carp or silvers ?

Comment

Its 13m wide and peggy,you want to be on a bend or near a feature. Theres some silvers and chub near snags and features but its carp which wil win it.

When we fished phase 3 it was about 130 anglers (25 odd teams of 5) and it was fishing for bites. Someone will land 20 carp for 30kg odd.
        Last edited by Pole Killer; 12 June 2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dunno View Post
          Its 13m wide and peggy,you want to be on a bend or near a feature. Theres some silvers and chub near snags and features but its carp which wil win it.

When we fished phase 3 it was about 130 anglers (25 odd teams of 5) and it was fishing for bites. Someone will land 20 carp for 30kg odd.
          Ok mate thanks for all the info, is it choppy for the carp as well then ???

Comment

We have a club match on there on Sunday, so will let you know how it fishes

Comment

choppy for everything.

Comment

Thanks for that chaps, most helpful and will let you know how i get on this weekend

Comment

i fished the midweek evening open 2 weeks ago, came 2nd fishing paste down the edge, i had 70lb the winner had 71lb, he caught on expanders and fed meat, this is quite popular i believe, good luck

Comment

Thanks for that pal and unlucky on that evening match wasnt you, best of luck for next time

Comment

Say gents, dont suppose any of you can give me some info on thames pool on makins 3 aswell could you ?
                      got a match on there soon, would be very helpful

Comment

Very much same as the Avon,there`s only 20 pegs on it, and you will need spare pegs to catch well

Comment

ok thanks for that mate

Comment

Fished hard on sunday winner had 52 lb from inner peg3,2nd had 32 lb from outer 5,3rd had 21 lb from inner 8

best bait was corn

Comment

Fishing Makins mid August (Railsport). Last year did well on pellet and paste on inner Avon but will try the chopped worm this year on Wag. Great advise guys... Ta
                              Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                              X