Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Not a pleasant sight.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a pleasant sight.

I went fishing to Clearwater Lakes at Ranskill yesterday and had a decent day plenty of silver fish and two carp, one of the carp was about four pound and when I got it out I was sad to see it,s mouth was in a terrible state, not sure how this happens but it,s the one thing that could put me off fishing. You see it often and it makes you wonder if the owners should say once a year net the lake and the fish that are in a bad way put them in a lake or pond to retire, they have done their bit. Thinking about it now makes me cringe.
    Last edited by hurricane; 7 July 2012, 11:44 AM. Reason: typo

Usually its the anglers that catch them doing the damage, using too big hooks and elastics and too stiff rods. It also puts me off places like drayton where you wont catch a perfect fish which you can admire. Either the solution you said or put them into a huge reservoir thats fished very little or not fished at all so they are very rarely caught.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Guys this sort of talk is not the best advert for angling, it could be quite easily be used by the antis. Ideas of a fish retirement lagoon are simply pie in the sky. Logistically who pays for it, because commercial owners wont, club anglers probably cant afford it. Yes I know double the day ticket prices to cover it.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

It may not be the best advert for our sport but it is a sad fact that alot of commercial fish have severe mouth damage.
        I fish Makins alot and some of the mouth damage I have seen is horendous.

I believe its caused for two reasons either the new type of carp angler that fish commercial waters with carp rods of heavy test curves and braided hook lengths that cut into the mouth of the fish and the match angler with the attitude of get the fish in at all costs as quick as possible to catch the next one.
        Having seen the way some match anglers fish for carp at places like Boddington and lake 2 at Makins litteraly draging fish in to maximise their catching time makes me feel sick.

Having been a speci angler for the majority of my angling career and only having taken up match fishing three years ago it has to be said that the majority of anglers respect their catch but ts the same few that give us all a bad name.

Comment

there is a venue by me where the fish are in really poor condition. the owner couldnt give a toss so long as he get his money. now i wont fish there at all and im not on my own!!
          most times its just a case of people not being bothered to use their disgorger.

Comment

There really are some foolish folk about. No angler intentionally injures fish & to put the blame on any type of angler is wrong.
            A retirement home for fish are you insane, that's just too crazy to laugh at. Total bonkers!
            If you feel so sick you should think about getting rid of your gear for your own health never mind the fishes. Might I suggest knitting for you.
            Get a grip ladies.
            Last edited by jethro; 7 July 2012, 11:31 AM.
            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
              There really are some foolish folk about. No angler intentionally injures fish & to put the blame on any type of angler is wrong.
              A retirement home for fish are you insane, that's just too crazy to laugh at. Total bonkers!
              If you feel so sick you should think about getting rid of your gear for your own health never mind the fishes. Might I suggest knitting for you.
              Get a grip ladies.
              OK if not retire what about making them redundant, PS your all heart Jethro.

Comment

I was warned that this thread may cause varied reaction so I think it,s best to close it now. Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Locked at the request of the thread starter.
                  Last edited by hurricane; 9 July 2012, 04:38 PM. Reason: typo
                  Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                  X