Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Stainforth and keadby thorne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainforth and keadby thorne

Anyone got advice on how to fish stainforth and keadby canal pegs 160-180? It's the swing bridge section near thorne.
    Not sure what depths, bait.
    Was thinking short worm n caster, track squat/pinkie and groundbait, far bank worm caster (poss gbait)?
    Thanks guys

Its a full top 3 or top 4 down the middle,havn't fished it for over a month as its better back end of winter.Would fish chopped worm for perch close in,groundbait feeder across or waggler,chub often show against the boats and squatt and pinkie down middle as you say,won our last match there with 16lb mainly on hemp,might be worth a try.

Comment

Thanks will give that a go.

Comment

Very clear at moment, when you on there? Were on 1-240 on sunday so i'll let you know. 160 end peg won on sunday with 7kg, skimmers on long pole, fishing really hard

Comment

the first boat on the bend is usually good for throwing a weight up 16m worm n caster fishing change to red maggot over the session loose feed caster over will get a few bites

Comment

Richie, thanks for reply, we are on there this Sunday coming up the 29th.
            Everyone seems to be saying the same things. So I've got a bit of match plan now.
            That plan will be made easier if I'm on the end peg! That's prob not gonna happen so gonna set up a few different rigs
            and see how it goes. Would be good to know the weights from ur match if u let me know.
            Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
            X