Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bala Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bala Lake

Right i've got a match on Bala Lake in North Wales in November and as i've not fished there for around 15 to 20 years i really do need some upto date info.

I know last time i fished there it was a feeder job at 40 & 60 yds and a good weight was 5lb to 7lb and for a place 10lb was in with a shout.

So has it changed any and is it still small Skimmers, Roach and the odd (if lucky) Grayling.

Any tips or help greatly accepted.
    [B]MALC[/B]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

if its as bad as you say fish wise malc i could be your man . Find out if it has gudgeon ? if yes then its easy. Paste, size 14 hook, .21 line and red hydro. If you fish this right its a fish a chuck .

If no gudgeon in there then you need some info off a proper angler

Comment

My 90 year old grandpa lives 5 miles from there! Never fished it though I'm afraid... sounds like the type of venue to put in a load of dead joker in leam through the feeder in the first 20 chucks then fish small crumb feeder over the top!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Did not think i'd get any info (dont think anyone fishes it any more)

Last time i fished it the attack was not far off what you suggest in as much as it was Joker in the feeder with bloodworm on the hook.

Just waiting to hear if B & J will be allowed for this match as if it is thats about all i'll have with me.
        [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

Bala Lake

Hi Malc -

I have recently become interested in Bala Lake, mainly for the Pike but have also had a sniff of some Carp, do you know anything about the Carp from your time there while you were fishing it back then.

Do you know of any guided Pike tours down there.

Hope to hear from you soon

Richard

Comment

Best advice i could give you Richard is to either DONT GO or find a local that is can remember catching a fish there.

As you might of guessed not a water i'll be going back to.

At a guess i'd say it would be a hard water for Pike as there are alot of very small fish (i had 11 fish for 6oz)

To give it any chance i'd recommend a good fish finder on a boat as it is a vast expanse of water to locate the small density of fish, similar to Loch Lomand except Bala has LESS fish.
            [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

11 fish

Positively bagging Malc, what else was caught?
              PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

mainly small stuff then Malc
                [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

To make it worse i even had in the locals words was "A PROPER FISH" among those which went about 4oz

My 14 peg section was won with 2lb 1oz and i was told whilst weighing in how our section had fished WELL
                  [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

No good for the 'JINX' series then.

Comment

Just way TO MANY fish for that Roy.
                      [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

Hello , travelling to Bala at the end of May. Hoping to have a few good days fishing on the lake ... I've only been fishing a year

Biggest carp I've caught was a 7lb. Was wondering if there is any chance of catching a bigger one in Bala lake and if anyone has any tips of how to catch big carp in natural lakes????

Also has anyone caught the 'famous' whitefish there?? and how??

Zoe x

Comment

Dont think there are too many if any carp in Bala Lake and at 4 1/2 mles long location of them might be difficult, at best target the roach and perch,
                          PS its deep in the mddle, take look at the hills that suround it.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X