Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Newnham Grange lakes, Daventry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newnham Grange lakes, Daventry

Does anyone have any info on this venue? Everywhere I wanted to fish today was booked with matches, and despite originally being waterside by 7am, after 2 hours of looking for alternative locations, which didn`t already have too many anglers (or yet more matches), decided to settle fishing here for a couple of hours! I had never been before, but thought i`d check it out as a last resort before giving up and going home!

There are three small pools here. The largest one (with small island) has approx 20 pegs. I decided to fish this one. I probably only fished for an hour and a half, and it really was a fish a fish every cast. However, the fish were small. VERY small!!! Lots of small commons and mirrors about 3 inches long! Lots of small roach too. A 4oz one was deemed to be a monster!I did get a few larger carp on the meat, but these were only 5-6oz, the biggest being just over 1lb............ Overall, I got the impression nothing big was in here, and this is just a stocking pond. I`ve searched the interweb, and info suggests there are larger carp (boring) but some tench upto 8lb? Are these in one of the other 2 pools, or has the decent stock been moved?

Any info or advice would be hugely appreciated.
Working...
X