Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

top barn grebe pool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top barn grebe pool??

alrite fellas has any of you guys fished grebe pool at top barn recently?
    got a match there on sunday and havent fished it for a few months.

Stupid place. Snags everywhere, all the fish are up in the water and you can't fish shallow. All hook bait has got to be on the bottom. 30 lb won our match a few weeks back and 8 dnw's

Comment

Fished it last year if it's the place with sunk islands there was nothing about fishing on the bottom winner had his fish up in the water pellet and on paste down the side and second had his on the method or ground bait feeder and yes loads of snags.

Comment

Best stick to soaked mush pellet feed down the side with very uneven squashed paste on a size 12 down the side mate.
        River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

the left hand side closest to the carpark seemed to be the best side last year with the pegs near the sunken island getting the big weights. looks like its a paste down the edge or a method depending on where i draw.thanx chaps il let you know how we get on

Comment

Other clubs have been told no shallow fishing as well. Had a load of fish in front of me but all shallow.

Comment

tbh i have never heard of this and our match secretary is good mates with the owner dennis. i was sure the rules where pretty relaxed, i may be wrong. have you heard this from the horses mouth or is it just rumours??

Comment

Fished a contest there last Saturday, i spoke to the old guy, he confirmed bottom baits only!
                daftest rule i've ever heard, but there you go, from the horses mouth
                match was won down the bottom end in the deadzone on paste 80lb ish
                [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=5]Elwell Floats[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=4]Never Miss A Bite![/SIZE][/SIZE]
                [url]www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Been told by a number of people who have fished it quite a few times this year. Hope they have got it wrong as I have got it myself again later in the year. If it really is in the rules I will give it a miss as already sufferd once because of it.

Comment

Liam what time is the draw mate

Comment

Crazy rule. Will not be feeding his fish for him again

Comment

Have been down there today and put 95lb in the net off peg 3 on left hand bank.
                        Red meat over Pellet on deck (yes I said DECK) top2 plus 2 under end of branches, and paste down the edge for the lumps.
                        Lost more in wait through the snags with lumps running into the 20s. 9 rigs smashed so go heavy and hit and hold.

Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by Hughesy View Post
                          Liam what time is the draw mate

its at 8 nick. if the other lads fancie it then let them know as its a club outing they are more than welcome, there is no shortage of pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
                            Crazy rule. Will not be feeding his fish for him again

i agree its a daft rule although when i have been there i have never felt the need to fish up in the water, but then saying that we havent had really nice weather when
                            we have fished it lol. il let you know metalhead how we get on. i can understand floating baits but bait on the bottom only is a bit extreme!

Comment

fished it sunday and came 4th with 24lb winner had 48lb. not a bad day caught early on with method to middle of the pool only little pastie looking carp.
                              swithched to down the side on paste and had a few good fish but lost even more as they powered of into the middle and slipped the hook. some real monsters in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X