Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

moorlands silver pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moorlands silver pool

apart from the usual take some concrete and fill it in, has anyone got any up to date advice on fishing the silver pool at moorlands farm, im there 2nd march never fished it before

Thanks

I'm sure most people are catching short on the maggot at the moment,peg choice can be irrevelant as winning weights are coming from anywhere i think,Col will know more,I ain't been up in a while.

Comment

thanks Maverboy

Comment

strangely not as peggy in winter as the summer,this time of year you can do well fishing at about 11 metres with a large piece of meat fished over pellet and a bit of corn! but maggot is the safest bet for bites! Hurry up before the concrete sets! lol
        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Pacey had 113lb off 38 a couple of weeks ago with an 80lb back up off 34.

Comment

fished crap. half of em never had a bite - most packed up n went home with 1.1/2 hours to go, glad i stayed at home. was told 3 proper carp and 4 F1's were caught, and a few silvers .
            heard 35lb won pool in W/L on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by tunna View Post
              fished crap. half of em never had a bite - most packed up n went home with 1.1/2 hours to go, glad i stayed at home. was told 3 proper carp and 4 F1's were caught, and a few silvers .
              heard 35lb won pool in W/L on Saturday
              Tony it wasnt a W/L sat but an open Won with 60lbs ,2nd 58lbs,3rd 58lbs most of the Anglers caught over 35lbs
              Yesterday match was won with 87lbs ,77,74, lots of 40+ everyone weighed in excess of 30lbs
              The matches recentley have been quite enjoyable Mainly light lines,small hooks plenty of Silvers + F1s that seem to have packed some weight on over the Winter
              average approx 2lbs .
              yesterday i had 3 of them for over 10lbs
              Clubs dont seem to get the best out of it most seem to go a lot too far & neglect to feed,or try to catch on bigger summer time baits
              Silver is not my favourite pool but is fairly consistent @ the moment
              if you are prepared to work @ your peg you will have an enjoyable day !!
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                Tony it wasnt a W/L sat but an open Won with 60lbs ,2nd 58lbs,3rd 58lbs most of the Anglers caught over 35lbs
                Yesterday match was won with 87lbs ,77,74, lots of 40+ everyone weighed in excess of 30lbs
                The matches recentley have been quite enjoyable Mainly light lines,small hooks plenty of Silvers + F1s that seem to have packed some weight on over the Winter
                average approx 2lbs .
                yesterday i had 3 of them for over 10lbs
                Clubs dont seem to get the best out of it most seem to go a lot too far & neglect to feed,or try to catch on bigger summer time baits
                Silver is not my favourite pool but is fairly consistent @ the moment
                if you are prepared to work @ your peg you will have an enjoyable day !!
                Thanks Col

Comment

Working...
                X