Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Good Winter venues near sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Winter venues near sheffield

Thinking of trying some new venues next week, preferably within 1 hrs drive from Sheffield. Any advice on venues or suggestions of other venues would be appreciated. Thinking of trying Lindholme and/or Hallcroft, any advice on these or suggestions of anywhere else? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by calblade View Post
    Thinking of trying some new venues next week, preferably within 1 hrs drive from Sheffield. Any advice on venues or suggestions of other venues would be appreciated. Thinking of trying Lindholme and/or Hallcroft, any advice on these or suggestions of anywhere else? Thanks in advance.
    Pleasure or match? What do you want to catch?

Lindholme is fishing better now the weather has settled a bit, 80lb won the match on Bonsai today and the open is on there Saturday and on oasis / strip Sunday. More fish to be caught there in the winter due to the stocking of F1's and better matches IMO. Matches on tues / thurs as well as sat / sun. Pleasure fishing on any of the other days can be good.

Hallcroft is 15 mins from me and I fish there quite a bit, plenty of small carp stocked recently on the canal and bites a plenty on there, Larger lakes are patchy for carp in the winter but the guys in the shop will put you on a peg if pleasure fishing and you'll generally get the better stamp of fish.

Barnburgh always fishes well in the winter, again due to F1's, go in the week though as always matched up on the weekend.

These are the main 3 I fish although Bank end / Candy corner / Hayfield are all within an hour mate. Check out the match results or websites for a better idea or call them for more info.

Comment

Ok thanks for reply mate, think I'll try Bonsai at Lindholme in the week. Any ideas what methods are catching there? Also if I did go to hallcroft on one of the bigger lakes is it just the usual winter tactics I.e. Bomb, pellet cone etc. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by calblade View Post
        Ok thanks for reply mate, think I'll try Bonsai at Lindholme in the week. Any ideas what methods are catching there? Also if I did go to hallcroft on one of the bigger lakes is it just the usual winter tactics I.e. Bomb, pellet cone etc. Thanks again.
        Depends where you fish on Bonsai but pellet feeder, pole with dead reds, pellet, CWC, corn etc. all have their day.

Usual tactics on Hallcroft yeah, some nice bream as well within pole reach which are well worth catching.

Comment

barnburgh mate, a few 100lb weights this week. all lakes fishing well

Comment

Working...
          X