Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River don

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River don

Been told got a match on the stretch that's upstream from Doncaster prison,
    The stretch past salmon rum I'm told.

Not sure where it is, how to get there or what the fishing is like.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

If it's the stretch that I'm thinking of you have to drive into the prison car park and look for a track leading down to the river where there is limited parking.The first 6 pegs have disabled platforms to fish from ,the flow is very slow up to peg 14, above that the flow is dependant on the amount rain water that we may have had.Not fished it for a long time but those early pegs were silted up and quite snaggy with minimal flow, suggest you have a quick look just to check if this is the right stretch. Lock your car and put any valuable's out of site.

good luck. Tom

Comment

Spoke to a guy from Ddaa today, he said when you get to the prison, instead of turning left into car park, you will see a bridge, I think he said the fishing is to the right of the bridge and there are 13 platforms. Can't remember what bank he said it was on.

Anyone know where I'm talking about????

Comment

Have a look on the Doncaster &District Angling Association web site, in the fisheries section you will find the river Don ,Sprotborough to Crimsall Lock, and a map of the section where you are to fish. From the back of the Prison to St Mary's Bridge.

Comment

Working...
        X