Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Herons mead ingoldmells

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herons mead ingoldmells

Hi guys has anyone fished herons mead match pond recently thinking of paying a visit this Easter weekend and having never fished it would like a bit of info on best pegs best baits and average depths.

Thanks in advance all

Hi Shiner.

There are two ponds (was one big one) i have only fished the first one, when on hols there (the one as you first go in, on the left).
    The metod feeder as always worked well for me, with groundbait, with corn or meat on the hook, also later on paste near in, top 2 and 1 or 2 sections.

Depth is about 4 to 5 ft, margins are a good depth, not much difference from further out.

Like i said i have only fished the first one as you come in, i go for the side with no lilly pads, fish near them at your peril, just take care on the other side, them fish know where every lilly pad is, you think you are fishing far away from them, next thing float goes under , strike, fish heads straight for them, make sure you go geared up, the carp are 5lb to doubles, lots of rudd and roach.

If they are having it on the method , you will have a good day, if not, prime a line ready for 3 to 4 o clock, thats when the big boys move in, you should get one a chuck on paste latter on.
    Best pegs, all are good, baits, feed pellets, meat ,corn and paste.

Let me know how you get on, and how it's fishing, i am up there for a weeks holiday at the end of May.

Hope this has been of some help.

All the best steve.

Comment

Working...
    X