Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Birkin Fisheries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birkin Fisheries

Gonna give this place a go on Saturday.

I'm not interested in the big stuff (bait alarms etc). I'll be fishing pole and maybe a little feeder.

Can anyone give me any advice on the venue, depths for rigs, how it's fishing at present, stretches/pegs to fish/avoid, bait, method etc etc?

I'll be going come what may but any information greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Lee.

Hi mate,

This is just down the road from me but i don't fish it that often.

Depths are around 3-5ft in majority of pegs may get the odd deeper one. There are loads of fish in it with carp up to 15lb but loads of smaller versions.
    Also absoltely packed with silvers if ya fancy that, smaller stuff can be a nuisance though.

Most matches are won with floating bread tight across to the far bank cover but you will need at least 16metres in a lot of the pegs.
    Depends on what time you fish really but i find the margins the most prolific, especially later in the day. Also plenty of fish down the middle if ya just after bites.
    I would recommend taking pellet, corn, meat, bread. Don't be scared to feed heavy in the margins.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks pal.

My wife's from Knottingley so We're often over that way (we live just outside Hull). Can you recommend any other fisheries over that way?

Thanks again.

Lee.

P.s I'm not interested in specimens/bait alarm type venues

Comment

Hi Mate,

There are quite a few close by to be honest.

Viking at Pollington - Does get matched up a lot
        Oakland? at Gowdall - Not fished this but heard its ok
        Then you have all the others that are 30 minutes or so away ie Woodhhouse Grange, Dale Pitts, Tyram Hall, Bank End.

Loads of choice within 30-45 minutes of Knottingley, could also try the river or canal both stuffed with fish.

Comment

Working...
        X