Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clattercote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clattercote

Hi All
    Our club are off to Clattercote in a fortnights time.
    I don't know what pegs we have been allocated but what is the general concensus on methods and baits etc. If anyone knows.
    Les
    Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Les, I love clattercote its a really top venue.. however alot depends on the pegs you have been allocated.

Personally unless you are really really good on long range waggler up in the water you are best off fishing the a groundbait feeder with caster and pellet and feeding a line down the edge.

If you are at the far end its obviously alot shallower and you tend to catch up against the boards up there but dont mess about with light gear its hit and hold stuff with 10Lb straight through but worth also having a long pole line and starting on the maggot / pellet feeder up there.

If you are in the deep water nearer the dam wall fish crumb feeder and pellet all day and when they turn up you should empty it, worth also having a method feeder done up to chuck on the same line with vitalin based method mix.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Thanks Simon
      I'll let you know how we get on
      Les

Comment

I am hoping for an answer from "SIR" Carpmagic

Comment

Boss man, as you asked so nicely . Clattercote is one of my favourite venues, however when theres a match on it then it fishes hard nine times out of ten. With the weather going colder, id opt for the method feeder at range, ie as far as you can accurately cast it and clip up so as to hit the same spot every time. Id go for a cautious start and leave the feeder out for around ten minutes at a time and try and gauge a response from there. I would then look at having another line around twenty metres out and at the start id put 8 big feeders in with groundbait and micro pellets and then leave that line to settle. Then if the method didnt produce after a couple of hours i would drop a small open end feeder with hair rigged pellet or even dead maggot on the short line. This year there has been a massive explosion of skimmers and some proper bream in there and i would be trying to catch these on a shorter line. The dam end of the lake will be the best and once you get past about peg 30 then you are going away from the fish. I would want to be 10-25 on the near bank and the same pegs opposite. You can set a pole up but if the forecast is right for the next two weeks i will be amazed if you get a bite on it. If you are down the far end then as simon says there are a lot of fish under the boards but again with the weather cooling those fish will still move back up the lake. Bagging waggler could also produce if the weather doesnt go cold but id always bank on the method for a bite or two. Mix wise i would use 50-50 Ringers bag up original and then the new Dark. Hope that helps but be prepared for it to be hard. its strange as you can empty it when you are pleasure fishing but it doesnt handle a match well.
          Steve Ringer
          Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Thanks steve I knew you would come through.
            Les

Comment

Working...
            X