Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Trent venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Trent venues

Maybe one of you out there can help!

Im trying to get some information on the River Trent on what was the Derby AA waters, including Swarkestone Bridge, Metalwork Lane, Willington, Milton, Cuttle Brook, Doctors Surgery etc.

Our club used to fish there a few years ago and the sport was just brilliant, but a pollution from one of the power stations killed it.

I was wondering who owns those waters now and if they have recovered, what the sport is like etc.

Those were the days mate swarkstone repton willington bass island that was proper fishing when the power stations were in working order. In my opinion Derby railway had the best waters as for now the river is too clean and not a patch on the early 80s. My advice would be to get in touch with a tackle shop near to the area you want to fish and ask them.
    http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

We usually fish the Long Eaton Victoria stretch although I must admit I havent been this year. Have a look at this link

Long Eaton Victoria Angling Society - River Trent - Long Eaton - Colwick (Nottingham)

I know the strech holds some nice barbel, chub and carp as well as the usual roach and perch.

Comment

Derby Railway Angling Club

Derby Railway page

Comment

Bass AC are just starting up their site too - you'll find it at bass-burton-ac.co.uk
          Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Try burton mutual they have some of the trent and i think the dove and some gravel pits,i walton stafford have some of the trent near shruborough hall milford staffs, lea hall also have partsof the trent in handsacre and near colwich in rugeley on the a51 near the big garden centreits not like it use to be ,but work at it on stick or wag you can have a good days fishing,

Comment

Working...
            X