Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boddingtons reser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boddingtons reser

Any advice on baits methods and how it is fishing as am there this weekend thanks

I will be there tomorrow until Friday, will try and get on here to let you know how we get on

Comment

Ok mate am there fri to sun when bad weather starts lol

Comment

At our match their last week a couple bagged up on 10mm boilies fished with a lead and pellets fired over it.

I believe they were pineapple.

Comment

Nice one thanks

Comment

Your welcome.

I managed my first ton bag which I was very happy about.

First day I was using pellet and bomb and pellet waggler. It was as if the fish were staying away from the line of pellets the catapult could reach.

Second day, I tried a pellet feeder with micros and an 11mm hook bait pellet. This is what got me the 109lb something. I also tried bomb and pellet and PW but got nothing.

But as I say, the boilies out fished me. Think he got 131lb.

Comment

It's fishing very well and the levels are ok. 350 has won our match, I won my section with 169lb all in the last hour and half

Comment

Which pegs did you fish frisky?

Comment

What methods frisky ? What was winner on ? Are the coming to surface ?

Comment

Any more news frisky ?

Comment

Sorry guys for the late reply, phone died on me! All methods worked, I caught most of my fish on the method first 2 days and most on the waggler on the last day. First day I caught 169lb dropping the method at the end of my keep net in the last hour and half of the match! Wish I had done it sooner! That was peg 82 and I won the section. Day 2 I was on peg 98 on the sand bank and after catching short the day before I decided to feed around 13-16 mtrs out and at the end of the keep net. Had 3 carp in the first hour over the feed on the method but the guy next to me on peg 99 had 8 on the bomb, I couldn't get a bite on the bomb! After the first hour every one stopped catching as the fish backed off but fortunately for me I was first to realise what was going on so I threw the feeder out 35-40 yards but kept feeding short. I picked up carp all day and had 28 carp for 211lb and third overall in the match. Last day I was on the boathouse side and drew peg 114, pegged out by our match organiser. My mate was on this peg the day before and he struggled to catch and only managed 109lb, don't think it did much on the first day aswell. It was flat calm and I could see plenty of carp moving about. I started on the waggler and had 7 carp to 10lb in the first hour and half then it went dead. I picked up the distance feeder and was easily casting around 90yrds where I picked up another 3 carp in 3 casts then that went dead. I had 2 hours with out a fish then the guy next to me started to pick the odd carp up on the bomb and I started to see the odd carp in front me again. Had a few casts on the waggler and hooked a monster which was weighed on its own at 19lb 5oz! My largest Boddingtons carp. Had a couple more on the waggler but it was slow, threw the bomb and picked a few fish up quickly. Had 170lb and another section win. Loved it, many thanks to Willy for organising it all and the rest of the lads for a great 3 days

Comment

Yeah, sounds like a top trip.

Looks like the higher pegs fished better than the damn wall.

Comment

We fished from peg 70 up and to be honest the weights were good in all sections. Peg100 on the sand banks threw the highest weight of 350lb up on the first day but peg 108 on the boat house side was close with 333lb. On the first 2 days we weighed in over 9000lb of fish giving an average of 140lb per angler. Not bad to say a lot of anglers were pleasure anglers and they only come for the crack!

Comment

Our clubs anglers must all be cack lol. (Kidding)

Dam wall was chosen though due to it being closer to the car parks.

Some of the guys knew some of the chaps fishing in the higher pegs. They didn't do too well either by all accounts.

Fishing can really be different from one day to another.

Comment

From my experience first day can be hard but the second day is normally a lot better. On this trip the first day saw the biggest weights but the other 2 days were a lot closer weights in all sections. I love the place and it didn't let us down

Comment

Working...
                              X