Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

anybody got an update on the polloution on the trent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody got an update on the polloution on the trent

hi has anybody got any information on how the trents fishing after the polloution?
    how far its spread?
    wheres been afected?

thanks Regards Pongo

If you find out owt, can you let us know Pongo

Ta
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Will do Tk .....just trying to find out how far and where has been affected

Comment

We are supposed to be fishing the Coors AC water at Burton on Sat and there bloke has been in touch with us. Must say it doesn't look to promising we have an option of cancelling and having our money back, or fishing it and in the event off a total disaster get our money back.
        As where its reached I couldn't say, this info was received last Friday and the info in our local paper said considerable damage as been done as far down as Newton Solney would have thought its way past there now.
        Its a great pity as the river was just about getting in to top condition

Comment

all the fish in all the rivers are dead mate, you are destined to fish only commercials for the rest of eternity.
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

LOL.....thats a pretty bleak future....the skills that would be lost....

Comment

These dont make pleasant reading

Burton news from Burton-on-Trent and Staffordshire - Brum pollution kills fish

Burton sport news, Burton sports headlines & updates - Burton Mail - Trent hit by fish deaths
              Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Your right mate it doesnt.....i just wonder how far it has spread downstream?

anybody any ideas?

Comment

Our club fished at Collingham on the tidal it was won with 31lb, 27, 15 third but a lot of anglers struggled, we have another this Saturday. I'll let you know when they return.
                  I'm far too unsteady on my pins to fish the river so my info is second hand.
                  I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                  He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Cheers jethro....

Comment

As promised Pongo the result for my club match at Collingham on the tidal Trent yesterday.
                      1st 7lb 14oz
                      2nd 5lb 2oz
                      3rd 4lb 6oz
                      By all accounts it was very slow with not many bites, but it was an high tide + a bit of rain water the river was a bit higher than expected. No Barbel & only the odd Chub showing with a few Perch, fish fell to a maggot feeder sorry mate but that's all I have.
                      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

cheers mate anyway

Comment

We should have fished Burton yesterday but the reports we
                          had from some local lads it wasnt worth going so we cancelled

Comment

I did email the EA about this and did they have a update about it but as yet no response and to be honest i dont think i will as we are only anglers and we dont count anymore
                            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Steve dont hold your breath while waiting for a reply

Comment

Working...
                              X