Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

river fishing for disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river fishing for disabled

oioi All i want to pick your brains if you dont mind , I am disabled i have very limited walking , most of the time i use a elec wheel chair , live in hamsted.

most of my river fishing was done on the Avon and the Seven one of my fav venues was grimley , and what i call mucky meadows.
    I loved to fish using float slider and stick float , on rivers. But all the places where i used to fish, either have steep banks or long yomps to get to them, i have been having looking when out and about, but as yet have not found anywhere i can get back on a river . so if any one knows of a venue that would suite me , i would be very greatful of the info

hope to hear from you soon jonj0e.........

hi jonjoe there is a fantastic disabled peg on the crown meadow at evesham you can park behind the peg and has proberbly the best platform i have ever seen , think its around peg 4 or 5
    I want an end peg

Comment

Not all pegs suitable,but you can park right behind them all Manor Farm Fishery, Golf And Caravan Leisure Park
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

thanks J i like the sound of that it just what i am looking for , and you hurrican

Comment

do you use a wheelchair to fish from if no try twyford farm lots of pegs drive to and park behind

Comment

oio ridgeacre no i am lucky i have limited walking i did try fishing from my wheelchair ,but with out some form of leveling aid it was not working , so i/ wife bought me a koram chair and have found it better , thanks for the tip about twyford i will be sure to check it out
            thanks jonj0e....

Comment

I'm disabled as well mate and I find twyford great mate some platforms a bit dodgy due to neglect,
              but reading a post on here looks like somethings going to done with them

Comment

Arley village

Hi mate,
                Have you tried Arley on the Severn you can fish in the village off what used to be the ferry crossing only a couple of pegs and river levels permitting,not brilliant but if your stuck it's somewhere to go

Comment

thanks mark will do. I have now taken to having rides out at the weekend looking at places i would like to fish, makes for a nice day out with my wife
                  no doubt ridgeacer u will agree with me, it saves going to a fishery/ river on the day u are going fishing, and finding you are not able to get to the pegs.

so thank you all for the infomation so far, its very kind of you all to take the time to post . so please any more places you can think of that might suite me please post them.

tight lines all jonj0e...............

Comment

Hi mate, You could check out the River Thames in Oxford. Off Botley Road you can park next to peg and the bonus is its fishing its head off. Hope this helps

Comment

thanks lucky bit far for me to travel . but if ever i make it that way will be sure to check it out
                      so thanks for the info
                      jonj0e.................

Comment

Hi jonjoe jd here the lido at stratford is your best bet ? Its lemington a/a/ but day premits are allowed payable on the bank ' we have put a disabled platform a extra large one right on the car park its wot we call an armchair peg believe . Tight lines jd.

Comment

oioi jd thank you very much will try to find it as it sounds right up my street can i give you a shout if i can not find it ?

Comment

Working...
                          X