Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dorset Stour- Blandford AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorset Stour- Blandford AC

I have recently been fishing a stretch of the Dorset stour at Blandford Forum. it is run by the local club and is a very nice stretch of river. I only saw one or two other anglers on my visits so it is far from overfished.
    The stretch that i fished was the crown Meadows. It holds a wide variety of species including specimen chub to 7lb and roach to 2lb+ these are not uncommon neither are quality bream. I caught 20 in one night and not one of them was under 6lb with the biggest weighing 8lb 15oz. i caught them from the 'populars which is just below the weir. this section also holds some big river carp. i saw them basking under the service one day and would estimate them at over 25lb i saw four but i am told there are quite a few. no one really fishes for them so they are rarely caught but the club record is 28lb.

The crown meadows also holds Perch,Dace,Tench,Pike and Grayling.

A season ticket is 32 pounds a year but you can get a day ticket from the local tackle shop for four quid.
    I have written a full review on my Blog if you want to read more about Blandford and district angling club UK Coarse Fishing reviews
Working...
X