Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

acorn match lake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acorn match lake.

today i fished the brand new match lake at acorn carp fishery ,in kingston seymour,just outside bristol.its a brilliant new lake with 43 pegs,it has a margin shelf at 3 feet deep about a metre out,and has an overall depth of about 6 foot.at present it has about 2 and a half ton of fish in it,mainly carp to 15lb,some cracking perch,roach and rudd.some skimmers and tench are in smaller numbers too.another FOUR AND A HALF TON OF FISH,are due to be stocked soon.the owners have really given this place some thought.i caught one small carp,but had about 20-25 lb of perch and silvers.when this lake has its official opening in may,it will be awesome.its been seeded with grass seed and has some nice trees planted too.the pegs are going to have small platforms on,jutting out over the water,so you can fish to your margins with ease.the pathways are tarmac,so no muddy wheels ,and the cafe will be open all day.the owner told me he is going to do some night matches as well,due to lighting going in as well!!
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

We had the first match ever fished on this lake two days after 1000lb of pastie size carp were introduced.13 anglers fished a 6 hour match poducing over 400lb of fish.A brilliant fishery in the making thats designed to be even for everyone.the far shelf is fishable all around at 12m soon to be 11m when platforms go in.
    Last edited by muller roads number1; 17 April 2010, 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

but please be warned the owners dog will nick whatever you leave out on the bank!!!
      [url]Www.blacksilverbaits.co.uk[/url] - quality groundbaits!

Comment

lol lewis its just you that the dog bothers its got expensive tastes.

Comment

Working...
        X