Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Foxhills- Can i clear something up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxhills- Can i clear something up

I have read now numerous posts on here suggesting that there are barbel in the top pool of foxhills fishery. I have fish here almost weekly for around 15 years and have never caught one, never seen one, never heard of any1 catching one or saw any1 catchin one. Im not saying there arent im just saying is this just idiots who cant tell the difference between a barbel and a carp or am i just missing something???

would just like to add, a few of my ex workmates fished a match there a few yrs ago, and a friend had 2 small barbel on the peg to the left of the bridge entrance, 1 was around 1lb the other was about 2-2.5lb

Comment

still unco0nvinced! any1 have a pic of these or actually caught one themselves??

Comment

mate i was there, and i do know the difference between a carp and a barbel, just because you are yet to catch 1 out of there, it doesnt mean there are none in there

Comment

Foxhills-Can I Clear something up ?......obviously you cant.....Jagman says he's seen them caught that should be good enough.

And why should anyone who has trouble identifying fish, be classed as idiots. Might just be a case of experience.
          Plenty threads on here with photos asking for confirmation of species and not one from an idiot.
          Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

ive heard of barbel in here not seen 1 myself but wouldnt dissmiss it just because i aint caught 1 didnt no there were zander in pelsall canal till i caught 1 if jagman says it belive me he aint got no reason to lie been fishing since he were a toddler

Comment

can any1 confirm what building work is going on in the feild opposite the car park was told a couple f years back by yhe owner she was trying to get planningfor a bungalow

Comment

Does it really matter whether there are Barbel in there or not?

Comment

cheers lads, stu i never knew there were zander in the canal, but being as im yet to catch 1 there cant be any in there !!!!!!!

Comment

Zander in the cut?? Wheres me spinning gear, lol
                    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by gurustu View Post
                      1 didnt no there were zander in pelsall canal till i caught 1

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............there's enough Essox Lucius already in there

Please tell me more Gurustu
                      Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

tushya amen

Comment

it were about possiably ten year ago i were fishing up by bummers wood thats the rosie wood to most people,wyrley essinghton canal have a cracking day on the maggot ,with my son when i was bringing iin a fish maybe 4oz and was baffled to what it were so phoned the dragon to bring me a book on fish and were total amazed it were a zander ,made a call to the angling times to report a zander catch,cause at the time they were doing a study to see how far they had reached into our water system,and when i reported it they said they had already had reports from that area,exact location the old police pool or wrley essinghton poool walk back to the bridge go under it then on the opposite bank were the second set of bull russhes start thats the spot

Comment

A zander and a dragon in one day Stu - nice, lol. I must revisit me old haunts one of these days.
                            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

chill out guys all im saying is seeing is believing! hadnt heard of them being in there til bout a week ago so think i have every right to be dubious, not trying to slag any1 off but i was also told there are catfish in the small pool there so u can understand my cynicism. No offence intended

Comment

Working...
                              X