Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cannock Extension Canal - Great Wyrley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannock Extension Canal - Great Wyrley

Venue : Cannock Extension Canal (All) controlled by Harrisons Sports & Social Club, Wharwell Lane Great Wyrley WS6 6EU

Location: Lime Lane Norton Canes/Little Wyrley (B4154) running from A5 for 1.6 miles to the Junction of the Wyrley & Essington Canal at Pelsall Common.

Description: 100 plus pegs on this arm of canal predominantly in a rural setting which see’s little boat traffic. There are distinctive sections along the canal included a boat builders yard with permanently moored houseboats along with a sheltered length well protected by trees. Seeing little boat traffic enables substantial vegetation to establish itself during the summer months and hence the canal is noted for it’s tench, typically 3lb but reputed to run to 9lb. As well as roach, perch, skimmers and bream for the match and pleasure angler to target, specimen hunters also target large carp and pike that inhabit the canal.

Containing a rare type of weed, the canal is a designated SSI site and does continue to have a close season.
    Season tickets are available £5 per annum commencing 1st Jan
    Match bookings also welcomed

Contact Name: Dave Meredith & Tony Kulik

Contact Email: [email protected]

Contact Phone: 01922 413925 (DM) and 07989 700638 (TK)
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Thought I'd bump this up the topics with a little picture to give a flavour of the canal

Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Have noticed those flippin traffic lights have come down at last after about 9 months. Will be easy for people to get parked up now.

Comment

Too right Big G.............and better to get down onto the boats section back off Yates

See you down there one of the days

Comment

'Season' tickets £5 for the calendar year 2009 will shortly be available

Alternatively, take out a membership with Harrisons S&SC (£6 first year, £3 per year renewal thereafter) and get a 'free' season card

Not a bad little club either.........new members always welcomed

Last edited by tk; 9 October 2008, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Notice on your photos tk that we still don't have any bar staff on! Gonna start pulling my own beer on a sunday night from now on.

Comment

TK , bring a ticket with you next week please i will ave one

Comment

Just a flavour of the boats section to wet the appetite for any TA'er not having seen this area of the cut

Comment

Had some good sessions in the club TK

Comment

Do you still use it Frank?

If so find me out and we'll have a natter over a pint.......

Comment

'Season' tickets £5 for the calendar year 2009 are now available

PM me or give me a bell on 07989 700638 if interested

Comment

TK £5 seems a small price to pay to wip your butt lolololol
                        Rough Hay A C

Comment

It certainly is a cheap price for a years ticket Chelsynboy

But Yawn yawn..................

I'm still waiting for that whipping

Heard you had to pretend to have man flu to avoid me on our last match and sent Goughy suss it out

Comment

Originally posted by tk View Post
                            'Season' tickets £5 for the calendar year 2009 are now available

PM me or give me a bell on 07989 700638 if interested

Only 11 2009 permits left.................

Comment

Close season now in force - canal reopens 16th June.

Our club had it's first match of the 'year' on there on the closing Sat just gone.

As there are a few TA'ers in the club you may wish to see how we fared - plus give Larry a feel for the 'opposition' in the possible cut match later this year.

And it's more than well worth the read just for fellow TA'er MarkV's resume of the day

Click on the link

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1237118115

Comment

Working...
                              X