Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Baitrunners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baitrunners

Looking for 2 or 3 medium sized baitrunners cash waiting

Do you really need baitrunners? Apart from catfishing most of my predator fishing is done with open bail arm and drop off indicator or a free moving float where a baitrunner is not engaged most times, I do use them on ALL my predator rods bar a couple simply becaues I have them but the dont serve a lot of purpose except catting and even them I sometimes fish open bail, this is my typical canal zander set up fished with light float ledger or running ledger rig. DSC00210.JPG
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

That stretch has produced a few pike and zander,if youre interested its BAA and parking is reasonable and its a quietish stretch. image_11260.jpg if you pm me I will give you the location. this is a double that took a bait intended for zeds but it was still welcome,

Comment

Cheers for your help baa stretch sounds interesting

Comment

What drop offs do you recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorplus View Post
            What drop offs do you recommend
            There are hundreds on the market from the simplest to the ridiculous all singing all dancing,if you push a ladies hair grip through a ping pong ball and tie it to the rod rest with a bit of old line,it will work,you can get flash and colour it with a magic marker and add a tool clip where it fits on the rod rest but it wont work any better and wont catch you any more fish. the main decision is stiff arm or soft? I can fish either and have no problems,running water or strong wind/tow can require an adjustable clip, I make a lot of my own using pollyballs or Fox large bait poppers as bobbins, a good friend designed one of the best Ive ever seen,works a treat and 100% adjustable, I will see if I can find a pic, it cosists of a piece of string 2 pipe clips a pollyball or similar with a clip attatched. The boobin is just to stop line coming off the spool till you get a run,it needs to have enough weight to drop downwards if you get a dropback,the run is signaled by the alarm,so unless you buy an electronic drop off its down to get one that works but dont cost the earth.This is some of the simple ones I knock up. DSC00218.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X