Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Any unwanted fishing tackle, For Good Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any unwanted fishing tackle, For Good Cause

Hi & sorry to trouble everyone. I've just had a clearout & got rid of my unused course tackle (mainly budget tackle) on Freecycle.

The guy who collected it was with his daughter who had learning difficulties but had taken an interest in fishing & was by all account very good, the guy showed me some pictures on his phone of her with some impressive Carp for a 1st timer!

They have limited tackle & are on a very low income & so are trying to collect some more tackle for her so they can go fishing more regular...this promted me to have another dig around & find some more bits!!

They live in Castleford West Yorks & are willing to pick up, they came to York for this stuff & the guy was eternally grateful as he'd not seen his daughter smile so much in ages!!

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of binning or giving away any tackle, be it rods, reels, nets or end tackle could I ask you to consider giving it to these guys?

Please reply through here or contact me & I'll pass on details to arrange collection etc.

Thanks

Tim 07884 437728

I can do a keepnet and landing net, Castleford is only 10 mins away
    www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Keepnet & landing net

You are a star, can you give me a number to pass on to Dave so he can come & pick up?

Thanks a million.

Tim

Comment

07900231294 Gaz
        www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

passed your number on so you'll get a call shortly. His names Dave.

Thanks again Gaz.

Comment

Tackle

Spiz.
            Dave rang me and am posting some stuff off in next day or 2.
            Regards. Dave.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

tackle to give away

iv got a few bits i can give landing net and handle some old luggage hooks floats shot feeders also have a old match box seat box butwant £20 for that if he interested a 4mtr whip old feeder rod old float rod all just taking up space so if he wants it it s all free bar the seat box pm me james....

Comment

Hi, the fella came round, his daughter has now got nets, seatbox, holdall and carryall.
                www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Cheers Gaz, much appreciated bud

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                    Spiz.
                    Dave rang me and am posting some stuff off in next day or 2.
                    Regards. Dave.
                    Cheers Dave, much appreciated, had a big & quick response from people which is great.

Cheers again, tight lines.

Tim

Comment

Thanks to everyone who gave up unwanted tackle, very kind of everybody & MUCH APPRECIATED. Amazed at the respose & amount of tackle given up. Thanks again.

Comment

This is an apsolute great thing to see.... people giving tackle away for a young girl with learning difficulties.... you should all be proud of your selves! I have a sister who is 21 with learning difficulties and I'm very touched that peopel care so much! Thanks alot people, I would of tried to spare some items but I am only 17 and do not have much my self..

James

Comment

Working...
                        X