Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

omega pro line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omega pro line

getting a bit low,looking from 0.08 upwards,if you have some lying about surplus to requirements or seen any on your travels give me a shout, thanks
    brookside anglers EX- superstar

Would have thought that any hidden away would have been well past it's sell by date now, it hasn't been made for a few years.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

god knows how old the stuff ive been using is? its kept in a shoe box in the garage and seems as supple and as strong as ever !
      does line have a sell by date?

Comment

I used to use omega all through the range and bought it in bulk. Kept it in the dark and as cool as possible but it got to a point when most strains broke well below their stated b/s. Ultima then stopped selling omega and introduced extreme. I tried various ebay sellers for omega but was never totally satisfied that it was fresh line so eventually moved to extreme and XT7 for hooklengths. Then Garbolino brought a rig line out and it blew the extreme out of the water both with b/s and knot sttrength. Ultima power match is good but it's my third choice behind the Garbolino and Shimano Antares silk shock which seem very similar. Bet it's at least 5 or 6 years since they stopped making omega.
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

quite a few years back a top match angler put me on to omega pro and ive never been able to get an alternative that i feel comes close, ive a few half spools left and made some rigs up and landed some good carp and barble without a problem ,playing fish felt completly different just full of confidence in it,i think thats what its all about?
          whats the garbolino line your using

Comment

It's just called Garbo line, originally on a black spool but the more recent stuff is on a clear spool probably cos it looks more flash on display. I've just been through my cupboards and found a 50m spool of 0.20/8.2lb omega that seems ok. it's yours if you want it for margin rigs etc. I was only gonna use it for reel backing so PM me if you want it.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
                It's just called Garbo line, originally on a black spool but the more recent stuff is on a clear spool probably cos it looks more flash on display. I've just been through my cupboards and found a 50m spool of 0.20/8.2lb omega that seems ok. it's yours if you want it for margin rigs etc. I was only gonna use it for reel backing so PM me if you want it.
                line arrived friday,much apreciated mate, cheers fella

Comment

Nice to see the site being used as it was intended... nice one guys

Comment

You have PM
                    Enjoy it while you can

Comment

hi got some 0.8 and 0.5 you can have pm me your address if you want them ok

Comment

Originally posted by sav dev View Post
                        hi got some 0.8 and 0.5 you can have pm me your address if you want them ok
                        many thanks for your offer mate,but i have just been offered a shed load (virtually) dont want you going to the trouble
                        but thanks again,top man

Comment

thanks to buggy my large parcel of line came today,well pleased mate many thanks

Comment

No problem mate. Cheers
                            Enjoy it while you can

Comment

Working...
                            X