Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Silver fish / match pole 14.5m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver fish / match pole 14.5m

I'm looking for a silver fish pole / match , 14.5m , i don't want any power tops just match , are there any out there , to me it seems the market is flooded with carp poles , i've looked at the daiwa sr3 but again it comes with 3 power tops . Do you think i could ask for them to be swapped to match tops. Hope this makes sense

I was also looking for a similar pole and went with Maver. I would get a second hand N or M series. You could ask Daiwa, they are pretty good with things like that.
    Last edited by Lucky Dirke; 7 October 2010, 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

A fair few of the Browning range are good silverfish poles
      Also Spectron with the Match kits is Good
      How much do you want to spend
      SR4 with match kits in place is very good i have took the No1s out & put 5 to 5s in 6 tops & i love it
      up to 13 mtrs on Canals i still use an old Tectron or Drennan team England
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Col , i've had a Browning but i broke both top 2's and haven't been able to find a suitable replacement. Its an Impetus and its 15 years old so i think its time for a new one. I've looked at the Daiwa's and prefer the sr3 as i'm not bothered too much about fishing 16m. I.m up in Sheffield in a couple of weeks so i'm going to try them out in Bennetts , thanks for your advice , much appreciated

Comment

have a look at sr1+ looks good aswell

Comment

I am not a Lover of Maver poles as you most probably Know
            However you can pick up almost new poles for very little money ,due to them changing models twice a year.
            If you are looking for 13 or 14mtr silver fish poles some of their Mid Range poles are Brilliant light /stiff/well balanced!!
            Lets face it you are not going to abuse it on a canal ,should last for ages with Match tops
            Well worth having a look !!!
            Maybe 1 of the canal Anglers on here could point you in right Direction ??
            Good luck
            Colin

Comment

Maver 351, 371, 381, 401 and 501 all work well.

As im in Ireland all our fishing is for silvers. I have owned Mavers over the past 5 years, N47, 371, 401 and currently 501, all perfect for bagging 150 plus roach in a match with double 4 or 5 lacky in a match kit.

Comment

call in billy clarkes at sheffield they wll put you right and will be considerably cheaper have a look at their website
                nige cooke

Comment

Working...
                X