Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

14.5/16m pole wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.5/16m pole wanted

hi i'm after a pole of minimum length 14.5m but pref 16 for the few times you need it. Preferably with at least 3 or 4 kits at least and anything else you have that comes with ie cupping kits. ideally i'd like a pole without any repairs and generally good condition. The only drawback about this thread is my budget, i can afford tops of about £150 depending on the pole up for sale, so i know that wont get me a lot of pole but perhaps theres someone out there selling a second hand budget pole. The pole will predominantly be used for commercial carping up to low doubles but predominantly up to 5/6lb so needs to be fairly strong. I'm from harrogate in north yorkshire so can pick up or view the pole within 20miles or so or would pay postage costs if it was too far for collection. thanks in advance for any replies. Steve
    Last edited by SteveL; 20th November 2007, 04:39 PM.
    Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

You will be lucky to get a usable 13m pole for that mate,for a half usable 16m you need a grand.

Comment

as i said its mainly to use at 14.5m and the very odd occasion at 16, so thats why i said i was after either a 14.5 or 16m pole. I'm aware that it wont be the best pole on the market but you have to start somewhere, and my current pole is probably heavier and lesser balanced than one of equivalent second hand prices these days due to its age.
      Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

Somebody is upgrading and has surplus pole surely!!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

i have a 14m shimano super ultegra,the blue one,the last 2 sections have sleeves inside after they were damaged.its perfectly usable at 14m though,couple of top threes only.you can have it for £100 plus postage.

Comment

cheers mate, i'll have to think on it, i just google the name of the said pole and nothing came up but ebay adverts, is this an old pole ie will it difficult to get hold of spare sections or replace broken sections? also is it the two butt sections that have benn repaired not a top kit? thanks again
            Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

it is an old pole mate and to be honest nigh on impossible to get spares i would probably get more selling it as spares on ebay.but is as good as most of todays £1000 poles AT 14M.anyway have a look around and if your interested pop me a line its not going anywhere

Comment

ok, cheers matey, i'll keep you in mind. ta
                Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

Hi

I have a Shimano Carp cruncher 1250 here.It has 2 top 2 kits.It has slight water marks on some of the sections but apart from that it is an excellent pole.I am asking £70

Ray

Comment

I have a Garbolino Analogy, lovely pole used 4 times only, in as new condition, 3 power 2 tops all elasticated, and match top elasticated, in De lux Garbolino bag. I know its more than you want to spend, but it is nearly new only had it a month. £255.00 plus post. I am in South Wales. You can see this pole on Cheshire Fishing site. Cheshire Fishing - Garbolino Poles

Comment

i will have a 16m pole for sale a map commercial 3 top kits all elastic ready for use only used it twice paid £400 will only accept half £200. but not for sale untill january when i go to mums and pick it up as she lives out of town and not going to her house untill then. inc cupping kit.

Comment

ray123, isnt the 1250 only 12.5m or am i wrong?

challenger, i must admit it sounds tempting and ive read the other post in tackle for sale however it is out of my price range sorry.

billy no mates, i'll keep you in mind come january.
                        Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

If you have £250 to spend have a look at the latest Shimano poles they are cracking and Paul Yates at Donny angling is doing one for about £250 that is superb at 13M and I mean as good as any £1000 pole.
                          Simon Young
                          Admin
                          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                            If you have £250 to spend have a look at the latest Shimano poles they are cracking and Paul Yates at Donny angling is doing one for about £250 that is superb at 13M and I mean as good as any £1000 pole.

not talking about the Shimano - Technium XTA 13m are we? im saving for it as we speak i haven't heard a bad word about it yet. easy to get spares for aswell top 2's are only £35
                            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                            Guess who is back...
                            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

anyone else?
                              Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

Working...
                              X