Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

3/8th unf thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8th unf thread.

Looking for some 3/8th unf male thread, need 2 pieces about 50mm long.

Regards

Shooter

Machine screws with the heads chopped off? Do they need to be brass?

Edit....

http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/c...ry_pathway-108
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

You're a star mate! No they don't need to be brass, will they screw in to the female thread on a bankstick?

Regards

Stuart

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
      Machine screws with the heads chopped off? Do they need to be brass?

Edit....

http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/c...ry_pathway-108

Comment

No there is a difference between Unified Fine ( USF) and British Standard Fine ( BSF ) which is the standard thread for banksticks and nets etc. If the pitch is the same the angles of the threads will be different. You require 3/8 BSF thread.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Brian!

Sorry Luke it's 3/8th BSF thread i need.

Anyone.

I will have trouble cutting the heads off the bolts as i only have a jigsaw and no vice for clamping.

Regards

Stuart
          Originally posted by Brian G View Post
          No there is a difference between Unified Fine ( USF) and British Standard Fine ( BSF ) which is the standard thread for banksticks and nets etc. If the pitch is the same the angles of the threads will be different. You require 3/8 BSF thread.

Comment

You shouldnt have a problem getting a length of 3/8 BSF studding, if you go online to one of the smaller companies or someone local they should will cut it down for you, no problem. I bought some a few months ago and a local supplier cut it into lengths for the price of a pint

Comment

dunno about using a jigsaw!! but ull be able to hold them in a pair of plyers and use a haksaw .......pipe wrench will be easier...also if u can put a nut on the thread before u cut it after u made ur cut screw the nut of the end u have cut!!

Comment

3/8 bsf seems a common thread size on older engines, exhaust studs. Try a local motor factor.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Working...
                X