Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod spigot, (from a daiwa carp rod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod spigot, (from a daiwa carp rod)

Unusual ask,

My spigot is cracked, taken out, but in need of one from a broken bottom section of a daiwa rod, the spigot needs to be 9/10 mm thick where it come out of bottom section,

If someone has a knackered bottom section and would hacksaw about 6 inches from top of butt section to post as a letter to me would be ideal, pay for it and cover post etc.

Pm if you can help. Thanks lee.
    Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

if someone can help with a spigot from a damaged return rod in the trade, and would hacksaw 6" down from top of bottom section, would be helpful. needs to be 9mm. i put daiwa but any other brand would be ok.

thanks lee.

Comment

Easiest way to Fix is make the Spigot Solid by inserting a plug
      We always used a piece of Solid Glass or anything Similar this is a lpt Easier than replacing split spigot
      And a hell of a lot Stronger .
      Colin

Comment

colin, thought about it but 2 reasons. 1 the spigot had been sanded badly bodge job, 2 the crack went beyond the bottom section,

asking on the forums i go on, here.piker pit and cemex, another cringed when i told him i drilled it out in 3 stages of size drill bits. patience and the lap of the gods. im committed to it now. just need someone to up a bottom section with correct size diameter spigot.

i can chip the carbon blank away to get the spigot in 1 piece, gutted daiwa could not help. they are normally spot on, but its a 20 yr old rod.lee.

Comment

Originally posted by norwich lad View Post
          colin, thought about it but 2 reasons. 1 the spigot had been sanded badly bodge job, 2 the crack went beyond the bottom section,

asking on the forums i go on, here.piker pit and cemex, another cringed when i told him i drilled it out in 3 stages of size drill bits. patience and the lap of the gods. im committed to it now. just need someone to up a bottom section with correct size diameter spigot.

i can chip the carbon blank away to get the spigot in 1 piece, gutted daiwa could not help. they are normally spot on, but its a 20 yr old rod.lee.
          Lee
          i willget my son to go through my Rod room on Saturday when he comes over
          see if there is something there
          What rod is it @
          May be a remote chance of me finding a Butt
          Will get back to ypu as soon as i know
          Regards Col
          Colin

Comment

Colin,

Just seen this, I have sent a pm. If can help,would be great. Thanks lee.

Comment

Working...
            X