Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole float shallow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole float shallow

Looking for a pole float ideal for fishing at at about 14.5 - 16m shallow with casters. Anyone got there views on which ones are the best to use?

Carpa F1s will do the job nicely
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Would it be ok even if wind picked up and thought bristle was a bit too small. Looked at the carpa ape, it's a smaller version of the chimp.

Comment

I would of thought the Carpa F1s being metal stemmed would be more stable,also the 1.2mm tip would be easier to see..at 14.5/16m
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Good shout! Not looked at like that.

Comment

I have been upswing the prestons pink with a steel stem perfect for shallow fishing and bang on for f1s in 12" of water

Comment

Was looking to use the float for bream and skimmers on the first match with our club. In past used slapper type float when targeting carp.

Comment

Get Pudsli, a float maker on here, to make you some of the ones he made me. Wire stem with a carpa chimp body and a thicker stem. Perfect for what you want and brilliant quality.

Comment

Cheers tony p they sound like the new one from kc carpa, they have just brought a smaller version of the chimp out called ape.

Comment

What's wrong with the Drennan caster? I use all the time for shallow, far bank and margins

Comment

Originally posted by morf View Post
                      Cheers tony p they sound like the new one from kc carpa, they have just brought a smaller version of the chimp out called ape.
                      Or try the Gibbons for a better STAMP of fish! Philately will get you everywhere!
                      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Abbo62, not heard of a float called gibbons, what style is that?

Comment

Originally posted by morf View Post
                          Abbo62, not heard of a float called gibbons, what style is that?
                          It's like a Chimp only bigger and stronger...
                          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Spent an hour watching Alan Scothorne yesterday and he was using a new Drennan one that looked very good. Had a clear body and a Drennan Caster type top but a little bigger. Will be keeping an eye out for them when they hit the tackle shops.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                              It's like a Chimp only bigger and stronger...
                              The floats Pudsli has made me are smaller but stronger than a chimp. There is no way the wire stem are coming out of these.

Comment

Working...
                              X