Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Good Reel wanted. Ideal for pellet wag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Reel wanted. Ideal for pellet wag.

Looking for a good reel for a pellet wag rod. Must be in good condition.
    Wanting sum thing like a tdr/tdx or similar standard.

You want a Stradic x 3000 mate nothing else comes close
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I use shimano aero 4000 feeder reels really good fir the job

Comment

I also use 3000aeromach & 4000 for Commercials Big Wagg or Feeder
        Colin

Comment

If u can get one diawa certate 3012 absolute workhorse smoooooooth as silk and enough power to pull a train! (Ok I might be exaggerating but u get the idea) I love mine
          Last edited by Ducci82; 25 April 2014, 01:22 PM. Reason: Typo
          " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

I had a couple of the older Certate 3010 series a few yrs ago
            Absolutely Fantastic bit of Kit
            did concider buying 2 or 3 of the New Waterproof 3012 last year but almost had a Heart attack When Told full RRP was £360 EACH
            if i had 3 icould have them for £900
            Sorry but i dont think any reel is worth anywhere near that money
            Colin

Comment

Bought mine second hand col older model £160 each so x2 £320 eBay jobie think they are the 2012 year mate love em
              " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

They changed them in 2013 i beleive making them a sealed unit & 100% Waterproof
                The 1st Pair i was Given 2004 i think & the 2nd pair 2010
                Without a doubt 1 of the Best most reliable reels i have ever used
                Downside was i left a case of Spare spools on the Bank 9 spools cost over £400 to replace
                For general wagglers up to 5aaa that i tend to use these days instead of Heavy Pellett waggs splasher or Bagging i use
                Shimano 3000/4000gtm aeros or Diawa Whisker 3012
                Straight clear wagglers or Insert Clear waggs seem to work a lot better than the Heavy Splash type @ the Moment IMHO
                Fish seem to Spook if float is too big
                Colin

Comment

Colin, believe it or not I had 7 carp up in the water last week smallest 8lb, biggest 17lb, fishing a Normark Avenger 2000 with the reel you put me on to a Daiwa 1657 auto bail with 4lb Maxima tied direct to a Korum Quickstop size 14.

That rod just bends & bends & the 1657 is superb so much cranking power for a very old reel
                  John

Comment

As i said John the 1657 Auto is a fantastic reel ,i love them
                    if i could get my hands on a few i would happily use them for all my Float fishing & light Straight lead work
                    I do however think that the price New around £100 mark is too expensive
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                      As i said John the 1657 Auto is a fantastic reel ,i love them
                      if i could get my hands on a few i would happily use them for all my Float fishing & light Straight lead work
                      I do however think that the price New around £100 mark is too expensive
                      Col, I bought a pair 2nd hand with 7 spools for £55 delivered. Bargain I think
                      John

Comment

yes i remember
                        i Still have 2 that i use on Rivers but to be fair they have seen better days ,if i could get hold of 4 @ the right price iwould use nothing else !!
                        Colin

Comment

I picked up a rovex ceratec front drag for 2000 from a local tackle dealer for
                          24 quid on his recommendation and for the money it's fantastic.
                          It comes with 2 x metal spools and both a single and double handle.
                          It has 5 bearings and is spot on for the wag. I hadn't ever heard of rovex
                          before but I am well impressed.

Comment

Bought two 1657 and soon got rid bought two daiwa2553 AND TWO daiwa 2503

Comment

Working...
                            X