Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Silver fish waggler rod ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver fish waggler rod ...

Is there such a thing nowa days either an 11ft or 12ft waggler rod
    that can handle 10oz hook links ????

Originally posted by Fartacus View Post
    Is there such a thing nowa days either an 11ft or 12ft waggler rod
    that can handle 10oz hook links ????
    Yes Keith!

Shakespeare Lexicon
    3.9 metre (13foot-ish)
    spliced tip
    great condition

Yours for £40

collection from stourbridge west midlands

please p.m if you have any questions
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Drennan " Action Tip" rods I have a 12ft 6" model and I have used it to 0.8 hook links without any problems!

They come up on e bay every now and then

Matt

Comment

I use tourney pros I was very surprised with my two piece 12ft waggler fished 0.08 supplex 10 inch hook link to 3lb Berkeley main distance fishing for skimmers set drag on my tdrs on the strike so it didn't snap beautiful action even under the rod tip, and so soft and responsive! I also have a diawa tdm 12ft 3 peice that is also very good! Drennan do a silverfish float rod not sure if they do a 12 foot model but they do a 13ft that is two peice that u remove the butt and still have two six foot leghths they are lovely rods also I'm sure they are rated to 0.08 hook link.
        " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Drennan matchpro.

Comment

daiwa older rods worth a look, the amorphous tournament 13ft spliced tip. or the kevlar tournament 13ft, handle light hooklinks for trotting. dated but will do it.
            Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

I have a daiwa amorphous spliced and hollow if your interested.
              Normark microlite though for me. Caught 3lb chub on 0.7 bottoms. Beautiful rods

Comment

Drennan Matchpro Supalite comes in 11ft & 12ft 2 piece blank. Ideal for what you want
                John

Comment

Some great ideas lads but not a fan off the longer 13ft rods
                  I think they are a tad cumbersome ...

Comment

just bought a drennan action tip float rod off hear two weeks ago ,cracker of ian kent,i have the drennan waggler rods the original brill float rods i only fish for silvers landed a 11.1/2 lbs pike what had took a perch as i was bringing it in.there lots of rods for silvers but you best look for older models as it seems today its all geared up for carp

Comment

I know, Google or eBay fishing gear,
                      carp comes up and is hard to get away from carp.

What's happened to the good old days when catching a net full off roach was the norm.

Comment

MAP Parabolix light , stunning rod and pencil thin blank !

Comment

i recently bought an 11/13ft canal waggler from fishermans friend on the advice of larry teapot from here - spliced tip , dual length -ideal for light hooklenths - well worth the £75 posted i gave for it!! - might not be the prettiest rod ive got - but functionaly its nob on........

Comment

I have 7 rods & 6 are Normarks
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X