Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

wanted Feeder Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted Feeder Rod

After an occasional rod for the Mrs, she only goes if the weather is nice and for the odd weeks fishing holiday, mainly for Barbel and Chub.
    Prefer a 2peice so it can be taken made up, but would consider anything to be honest.
    River anglers Go with the flow.

pm Rick

Comment

PM back mate

Comment

and back

Comment

tennis

Comment

Rick , contact Silvers Si as I know he had a brand new Drennan 12ft Matchpro Super Feeder which is 2 piece comes with 4 tips & is perfect for what she wants.

I use one on the rivers & its a good rod
            John

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
              Rick , contact Silvers Si as I know he had a brand new Drennan 12ft Matchpro Super Feeder which is 2 piece comes with 4 tips & is perfect for what she wants.

I use one on the rivers & its a good rod
              l have one of these rods and l would say it is definately not a rod for occassional use, its a two piece rod ok but not in two equal lengths, the butt section is prob nearly 7ft long, not going into the loft to measure it now though.
              the tips are strong enough to handle barbel l guess, but never tried it for them.
              Best to check out the tackle for sale section on here, or the obvious options of ebay or your local tackle shops. You cant go far wrong with drennan but l dont think this rod would be a wise choice in this case.

Comment

My thoughts exactly Nutmeg
                i had 1 of these & Didnt like it for that reason it reminded me of some of the rods we used yrs ago
                that we put together using bits of different rods
                IMO was not up to Barbel fishing
                Colin

Comment

Same thoughts, but thanks Lambrettasx200

Comment

i am looking for a couple of Diawa 1657dm reels for my missus !!
                    Its a good Swop as she goes to work every day & when she comes home
                    She Cooks the Dinner & then Falls Asleep
                    Colin

Comment

Thanks for the above John.

I would have to agree with other comments, the Drennan is a great piece of kit and deserves more than occasional use....... besides a "big old tackle tart" from Crawley had it off me a few months back!!!

Rick b - p.m sent mate.

Comment

p.m back Si

Comment

Originally posted by Silvers Si View Post
                          Thanks for the above John.

I would have to agree with other comments, the Drennan is a great piece of kit and deserves more than occasional use....... besides a "big old tackle tart" from Crawley had it off me a few months back!!!

Rick b - p.m sent mate.
                          Haha that tackle tart has got some gear!!
                          Rick, have you thought of a short commy style feeder rod for the missus? 9 or 10 foot- pack away evenly into 2 pieces, along the lines of a beast master or team daiwa?
                          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                            i am looking for a couple of Diawa 1657dm reels for my missus !!
                            Its a good Swop as she goes to work every day & when she comes home
                            She Cooks the Dinner & then Falls Asleep
                            It,s a deal Col if she washes up before she falls asleep !!!
                            MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

I Brought her a Dishwasher !!
                              Dont want her to Burn herself out
                              Do I ??
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X