Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

16m pole wanted :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16m pole wanted :)

hi everone ,

i am looking at buying a 16 m pole soon. i am willing to spend anything up to £850 to get a decent pole. what do you all suggest or have for sale ? thanks ryan.

Ryan,have alook in the for sale section,tomb has a drennen zircon up for grabs at a very decent price,and welcome to talk angling
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Theres a sensas 654 here without a no4 for under £200, well worth it.

I could let my mint top end maver 501 go for that with a 2 spare top4s, s and 4 power kits cup kit etc for that.

no damage except for a crack on the 16m secton. ( can send pictures)

Will throw in repaired no5 free gratis

Comment

hi , thanks for your replies. i am looking looking for something newer than the 654 , the 7 or 8 series maybe. (Dunno) Thanks for the offer but i tend to stay away from maver poles from previous experience and other people have said so also. i think they are good poles but just not strong enough for me , sorry. Not interested in the drennen im afraid to hard to get parts and not many around. You may think im being picky haha but when spending alot of money i want to make sure i get the right pole.

Comment

Hi

I have got a Preston Lerc Genus GiS 8, 2 match Top 3s, 5 Power Top 2, 3 x No 4, all in immaculate mint condition, Tops kits all in Top Tubes, whole lot in a Preston Hardcase holdall. PM if interested.

Comment

hi , im afraid i not interested in a preston pole as spared to hard to come by. Sorry for being so piccy.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to tell people what pole you want and see if any one has one for sale.
              Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

Comment

to be honest i am not sure exactly what i want. there are quite a few poles that i would consider. the main makes i am looking at are , sensas , daiwa , tri-cast , map , garbolino maybe shimano and middy but only the xk55. sorry to be awkward hope this helps.

Comment

I would suggest a daiwa as the spares are easily available.You would possibly get a tourney pro for that money.You would get a whisker or g20 with good spares for your budget.

Comment

yeh was looking at them but have heard that sections comer apart which causes brakages, have u heard of this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Webb View Post
                      yeh was looking at them but have heard that sections comer apart which causes brakages, have u heard of this problem?
                      yes and yes witnessed it many times especially in the wind.............hence why I use Maver....

Get a 14.5m Elite E Carp. You wont be worrying about it breaking and spares are cheap.
                      Last edited by dunno; 17 June 2012, 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Had mine 18 month never happened to me,i have a g20.

Comment

sections on most of the more expensive range of Diawa poles do have a tendancy to work loose when Slapping
                          How ever this can be avoided by a coating of joint saver & always giving a little twist when putting pole together
                          GB /G20,Whisker are all brilliant poles & well worth a look ,easily in your price range
                          Colin

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about sections coming loose,it's happened to me with every pole i have owned while fishing long shallow and shipping full length on rollers,just check the joints every now and then,it's not just something which happens with Daiwa's.

I would recommend a G20 but i'm biased,it's a great pole,you need to go to pole alley and have a waggle with a few to see what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
                              I wouldn't worry too much about sections coming loose,it's happened to me with every pole i have owned while fishing long shallow and shipping full length on rollers,just check the joints every now and then,it's not just something which happens with Daiwa's.

I would recommend a G20 but i'm biased,it's a great pole,you need to go to pole alley and have a waggle with a few to see what you like.
                              He's talking sense, i have a 2012 whisker its easy, put on your top kit at 11.50 twist so the arrows line up at 12 noon. sounds stupid but it works. Then check the other joints now & again.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X