Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

aclolyte vs map 801

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aclolyte vs map 801

Been offered brand new acolyte pole for my mint conditioned 801would this be a good swap your views please

The guy with the Acolyte obviously feels the 801 is better or why swap.
    I can't comment on the Acolyte as I've never even seen one, but I have the MAP 801 & the only pole I'd swap it for is the MAP 901!

Comment

Cheers mate will have to look into it maybe get them side by side would be best

Comment

I'd go with the drennan daz

Comment

Acolyte all day long map poles are pants

Comment

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir, so that every mouth can be fed
            Poor me, the Acolyte!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

I think 801 is a good pole just wondered in what way acolyte is better

Comment

The 801 is awful when I looked at one I only put it up to 13m and that was enough for me. I have handled poles half the price of the 801 that felt miles better

Comment

Dazza, you could take yiddos advice, sell the 801 & buy a couple of poles off yiddo that are half the 801's price yet are miles better.
                  Apparently MAP poles are pants according to yiddo, yet as I said in my first post, the guy wants rid of his acolyte in exchange for the 801.
                  You would assume he has compared both in order to make this decision??

Comment

The guy with the Acolyte thinks so......

If you're happy with the 801 why change, if you're not give it a go, seems a reasonable deal.

I have to say I have owned neither pole but even if I had owned both, pole choice is so personal only you can decide. I would say the same thing if you were swapping a mint Acolyte for an 801 though.

Comment

the 801 and 901 are very good poles, I moved from airitys to map 901 and carp 2 and they are very good, stiff and strong with plenty good weights comming from long slapping, I thought it may be too stiff for slapping but aint had a problem with mine.
                      [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Think i will trust my gut feeling and stick with 801 cheers lads

Comment

Working...
                        X