Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole wanted advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole wanted advice needed

Hi all am looking to get a second hand pole that would suit my 9 year old son.
    He currently uses an Avanti carp on mk11( I Do Apologise but the 5 topkits made it worthwhile) which is fine up to 8mtrs but hopeless after that.
    We don't have a huge budget but would like something around 12.5 MTR's for around £100.00.
    Have been offered a Maver Genesis which seems decent but any advice on this pole or if anyone has a spare pole for sale contact me.
    Thanks Barry

It depends on where your planning on fishing - A 12.5 M Second pole around the £100.00 would probably not be the best at 12.5 m - In my opinion I would look for a daiwa sr1. Just sold one £100 - 3 Top Kit + cupping kit. They are nice and light and are much more capable I'd say at fishing 11m than most 12.5 m pole. Spares are readily available too. Alternatively I say get a shimano technium 13 M - but not sure if you could get one for £100 might be stretching to the £140 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by David Loker View Post
      It depends on where your planning on fishing - A 12.5 M Second pole around the £100.00 would probably not be the best at 12.5 m - In my opinion I would look for a daiwa sr1. Just sold one £100 - 3 Top Kit + cupping kit. They are nice and light and are much more capable I'd say at fishing 11m than most 12.5 m pole. Spares are readily available too. Alternatively I say get a shimano technium 13 M - but not sure if you could get one for £100 might be stretching to the £140 mark.
      The Daiwa would have been perfect.
      what about a teamdaiwa s carp 12mtr pole

Comment

My concern with that one its an old pole and you might struggle to get sections for it. Where are you based will have a look around to try and find a similar pole in your area

Comment

Originally posted by David Loker View Post
          My concern with that one its an old pole and you might struggle to get sections for it. Where are you based will have a look around to try and find a similar pole in your area
          South Devon

Comment

Oh and thanks

Comment

Milky- the maver genesis should be a good pole for the young lad. Nice and light- contrary to what a lot say-they are a good strong pole and we'll balanced, easy to ship back, top kits easy to come by too.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

what about a middy battlezone the works 12.5 mtr's thinking it may be a bit heavy thoughts please

Comment

Give the middy a miss, margin 8m pole plus 2 sections for the 'long pole' market. not anything like the Daiwa sr or Maver. my advice is keep saving and get a proper pole with increased funds

Comment

Working...
                  X