Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted

I am trying to locate some plastic spools that were given away with a angling paper as a gift, they were for winding hook lengths on just cant find any in the shops or ebay. Any one remember them or even better knows where i can obtain some from... i have decided in my wisdom this is the way to go..
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

I had a couple up until 2yrs ago Larry,. They were about 1.5inches in diameter with little bars inside them for hook location

Comment

spools

i think the spools you are talking about were made by daiwa were they different colours and could be joined together if so give them a call they might still have some?

Comment

They certainly were made by or for Daiwa, i still have a couple which whilst not getting a lot of use come in handy on the cold winter days when hook tying hooks with frozen porkys is difficult.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Right there Brian it was Daiwa

Comment

ok looking better thanks gents

Comment

A good alternative is to use a winder, again takes up little room in your box, the slide winder types are perfect, if tying the same size/model of hook but to different line sizes a different colour winder can be used.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian ,,,, You are pure magic...job done thanks mate

Comment

They are Daiwa. I've had mine for many years,( when we used to fish rivers, remember them?).
                  I still use them to carry my short feeder rigs.
                  They were sold in sets of 4, in a clear plastic case.
                  I'm pretty sure Allens of Kingsbury have them.

Comment

I must admit I have looked for the same in the past but now use my shortest "slidewinders" specially for the method hooklengths or bagging wag long hooklengths.
                    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
                      I am trying to locate some plastic spools that were given away with a angling paper as a gift, they were for winding hook lengths on just cant find any in the shops or ebay. Any one remember them or even better knows where i can obtain some from... i have decided in my wisdom this is the way to go..
                      did you manage to get any?

Comment

no not yet...... still looking..but not been to kingsbury yet

Comment

They are Daiwa and my local tackle dealer tells me that they are not in the current Daiwa catalog. It would seem that they have been discontinued
                          Shame because they were excellent.

Comment

i suspected that....

Comment

Larry for method hooklengths get a piece of pipe lagging and some map pins.Hook goes into the lagging and the pin into your eye on the hooklength,job done.
                              cornerstone.

Comment

Working...
                              X