Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

buying and selling on TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying and selling on TA

HI ALL, WHY IS IT WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT YOU REALLY WANT, AND THE SELLER AGREES TO SELL. WHEN YOU OFFER TO PAY, THEY TELL YOU THAT THEY HAVE SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE. ITS VERY ANNOYING. PLEASE STOP IT...
    i know the seller has the right to, but come on, its rude.
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

I am afraid it happens, as far too many items are put up for sale across the vairious sites which leads to goods being suddenly unavailable via this site.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I agree with Mark it has happened to me also and on one occasion I had actually sent a payment which of course I stopped on the other hand there are genuine people who only use TA and not all the others I came across one man who agreed to sell me something and I then found it on Ebay as well I politely withdrew my interest

Comment

thanks for moving post Brian. perhaps i have just been unlucky, but 3 times in a row now!!!!! what do you have to do to give your money away. nevermind.. but when i say "i will have them" please any future sellers, this means i will have them.cheers ..

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
          HI ALL, WHY IS IT WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT YOU REALLY WANT, AND THE SELLER AGREES TO SELL. WHEN YOU OFFER TO PAY, THEY TELL YOU THAT THEY HAVE SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE. ITS VERY ANNOYING. PLEASE STOP IT...
          i know the seller has the right to, but come on, its rude.
          mark i sent 2 pms to you asking if you would confirm you wanted them and never heard back so when another person asks for them and confirmed i sold him them the problem is people say they want things then pull out sorry to hear you think i am rude but you did not reply for about 3 hrs

Comment

mark - what's even more annoying is when you actually get to pay for something that's advertised and it ends up getting damaged in transit due to the stupidity of the person packaging the goods,then they shut up shop and do nothing to resolve the problem even with the intervention of the brilliant brian g......wish he'd sold the stuff to someone else and not me,consider yourself lucky m8 you've still got the money to spend.
            Sean Hanrahan

Comment

dont know why it has to be so complicated. so far on ta ive enquired about 2 items. one is in my garage, bought and paid for, the other im viewing friday night where if i like it i'll buy it.
              north nott's member and serial buyer of stuff i dont need :D

Comment

reply to spungophil, 3 hrs isnt that bad, i am at work, give me a chance. my point was to give the person a reasonable amount of time to reply. i know there are people out there who say they will have it, and you never hear from them again.
                i am sure someone will have some for sale.
                Sean , sounds like you had a nightmare. is it anyone we should avoid doing business with??
                Last edited by mark(wilf) williams; 28 July 2009, 05:21 PM. Reason: missed word

Comment

my pet hate with this section is when you advertise a pole or rod some pilluck will enevitably come on and say ( any chance of a picture ) ITS A BLOODY ROD FOR GODS SAKE
                  I want an end peg

Comment

Whats for sale? and can i have a pic too
                    www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
                      reply to spungophil, 3 hrs isnt that bad, i am at work, give me a chance. my point was to give the person a reasonable amount of time to reply. i know there are people out there who say they will have it, and you never hear from them again.
                      i am sure someone will have some for sale.
                      Sean , sounds like you had a nightmare. is it anyone we should avoid doing business with??
                      in defence of spungophil, i put up a post to say i would have items, but i also pmd him to tell him i would be away from the computer all day, the result is i have still got the item i requested. In short, if you know you wont be able to respond let the seller know, and maybe even offer an alternative no.

Mark

Comment

can someone tell me how to put a photo on

As some of you will know I am relatively new to all this and have some items for sale up to yet everything gone ok.....although I wish I could sell a few more of the items.

I have been asked fro photos for two items one a box (£150) and one a sidetray(£8) I can understand the former but struggling with the latter.....so whilst this may also develop into my pet hate I want to get the pictures on the post.........can some of you more informed people tell me in lay mans terms how I go about it

Ta robbo

Comment

Brian G may be able to help with that mate

Comment

In as near laymans terms as i can make it these are the steps you need to follow.

Step One Load your picture to a hosting site such as Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket when uploading select picture size large this is a good size for the site.
                            Step Two Once uploaded to photobucket you need to copy the URL which can be found just below the picture, sounds compicated but just right click on the top line of four Urls and then click copy.
                            Step Three In a post or thread click on the yellow button which has what looks like a mountain on it.
                            Step Four in the box that pops up point the mouse over it and paste the URL you have copied and click on OK. To paste you have to right click on your mouse then select paste
                            Step Five Your URL will now be in the message box and should look like this [IMG] htpp. Photobucketimage9999 [IMG] This bit will be different for each picture htpp. Photobucketimage9999
                            Step Six Post your Reply

Have a try in the test area of the forum any problems give me a shout via a PM and we will see if I can help further
                            Last edited by Brian G; 30 July 2009, 08:30 PM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

like this,click on the paperclip icon,select and open photo from your files,click upload,should be job done,the other way is through photobucket.
                              Last edited by hurricane; 1 September 2009, 04:26 PM.
                              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X