Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston onbox for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston onbox for sale

Up for sale as ive just upgraded to a fox msb1 is my old faithfull Preston onbox.
    The box has a pole winder under the seat and a full length tray plus two front drawers and a large compartment for spare reels etc and is fitted with a footplate.
    Condition is well used and ive replaced the original hinges on the seat lid with stronger ones as the original ones snapped (a common onbox fault) everything is useable on the box and i was using it regularly for matches up until the middle of this week..
    Im only looking for £50 which is a bargain (check out how much they go for on evilbay) but it will have to be picked up due to the weight.
    Thanks for looking.. Just to add the box is advertised elsewhere.

Do you have any pics?
    I am looking for a new box as mine is starting to get a bit worse for ware.
    [url]www.reels-on-wheels.org[/url]
    Bringing Anglers Together

Comment

Originally posted by DavyP View Post
      Do you have any pics?
      I am looking for a new box as mine is starting to get a bit worse for ware.
      I will add pics to my original thread later this evening.

Comment

where abouts are u

Comment

box

u have pm

Comment

Cheers LP, i am just down the road near Wisbech so would be able to collect fairly quickly if its the box for me : )

Comment

Had loads of interest in the box but people seem unsure of my location. Im located in Horncastle which is halfway between Lincoln and Skegness on the A153 which is just off the A158.
              Rgds Lp

Comment

Originally posted by luckypiker View Post
                Up for sale as ive just upgraded to a fox msb1 is my old faithfull Preston onbox.
                The box has a pole winder under the seat and a full length tray plus two front drawers and a large compartment for spare reels etc and is fitted with a footplate.
                Condition is well used and ive replaced the original hinges on the seat lid with stronger ones as the original ones snapped (a common onbox fault) everything is useable on the box and i was using it regularly for matches up until the middle of this week..
                Im only looking for £50 which is a bargain (check out how much they go for on evilbay) but it will have to be picked up due to the weight.
                Thanks for looking.. Just to add the box is advertised elsewhere.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/DSC00184.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/DSC00185.jpg

Comment

If it is still for sale i will take it mate.

Comment

forgot how ugly them origanal on boxes were!
                    bet your glad you bought the fox now!

Comment

Msb1

Lucky Piker,

How are you getting on with your fox MSB1 mate. I am thinking of getting one myself but have heard mixed reviews. Im looking for something stable but more importantly LIGHT. People have said that the footplate is not to sturdy?. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Dirke View Post
                        Lucky Piker,

How are you getting on with your fox MSB1 mate. I am thinking of getting one myself but have heard mixed reviews. Im looking for something stable but more importantly LIGHT. People have said that the footplate is not to sturdy?. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.
                        Hi mate,
                        ive just got back from a match and tested the msb out and it was spot on. I thought the spirit levels were a bit gimmicky at first but in use they are dead handy to get your box dead level (saves on the old back ache). Build quality is very good and i couldnt find fault with the footplate. The legs adjust very posatively too. The draws are also nice and deep i can get all my bits and pieces in it. The only thing i do need is an extra pole winder draw. The memory foam seat is also nice and comfy.
                        I used the fox spray bar which was a good fit and performed well for fishing 'long'. All in all first impressions are good. I8ve also seen varied reviews for the box but for me its excellent.
                        ATB Mick

Comment

Originally posted by karp_katcher View Post
                          forgot how ugly them origanal on boxes were!
                          bet your glad you bought the fox now!
                          The onbox was an ok box it had a good deal of storage but i just wanted to upgrade like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by DavyP View Post
                            If it is still for sale i will take it mate.
                            Sold to you mate ..

Comment

Cheers Mick

It was a pleasure to deal with you.

Many thanks
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X