Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Matchbox additions and cover wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchbox additions and cover wanted.

Hiya all.

I was going to upgrade from my MSX to another 'fashionable' box but not seen one that I like (or can afford!!) so going to stick with my matchbox.

Anyone got a cover or additional trays/units for sale as I'm struggling to get hold of any?
    Please don't tell me to e-mail the name on this site, I have with no reply so not exactly confident in their service!!

Cheers all.

Mick.
    put the kettle on........;)

have you tried direct

Comment

have phone number and e-mail
      Last edited by ridgeacre; 23 March 2007, 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Ridgeacre.
        No mate, not got any contact details for them?
        Have you mate??

Comment

0121 447 7272

[email protected]

tell them you are having trouble getting the bits

Comment

Have spoken to them and I have to take my box to birmingham??
            Looks like a new box for me now then.......

Comment

mick dont know if this would interest you but maver have a stax system out, exactly the same as the pyramid stax system only a different colour(they are actually made by matchbox if you didnt already know) and the pins on the back are further apart and these fit onto the msx!

reason i know this is i tried the maver on my dads msx!

if you dont mind the colour difference you can add on all different configurations of trays and winder trays under you msx frame
              Matt Smith
              Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

box

how much do you want to pay for the box.if you look at the tackle for sale on this web site i have got a match box plus 2 other boxes for sale

Comment

Matt.
                  I have the MSD model which I believe to be the same dimensions????
                  Matchbox basically told me that the pin locations may have changed over the years and so need to take the box to them. For me, not worth the journey as what happens when I want something else.
                  If they haven't got dealers in the south, thats their problem so I will be looking to buy a new box.
                  Lastagain, can't see any ad for you mate??

Comment

I had a small problem with my box and they changed it but fortunatly I dont live to far from them.But they gave me a few odds and sods to cover my fuel.
                    They are a good company to deal with

Comment

Matt.
                      Looked on the Maver website and can see that the boxes look the same, didn't know that the maver ones are made by matchbox.
                      I am quite 'handy' so can move pins about etc so do you think that I could get what I want in the Maver range and that it will fit my MSD box?
                      I can get Maver gear where I live but there are no matchbox dealers so may get a better service??

Thanks all.

Comment

yes im pretty sure you will be able to, the msd and msx to me look the same box just slightly different draw configuration! maybe jsut take you matchbox frame into the tackle shop and see if the maver do fit on?

if you dont mind adding your own pins and clips on! then matchbox have just brought out the karykit! again identical to the maver and pyramid stax (but a hell of a lot cheaper) minus the pins, designed to be carried independantly! so might be easier to add the pins to
                        Matt Smith
                        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

boxes

the boxes for sale are there they are down the list in 14th place

Comment

Hi Mick, I Live close to mactchbox and deal with them regulary for any bits and bobs I need added to my new 's'class, they are really good to deal with, I'm going on thursday to get a few more trays etc, if you would like just tell me what you want and I'll send them to you, or i'll ask them to send it. 9 times out of 10 the MSX acessory trays will fit the MSD, its just that there is a slight chance that the clips and catches may be set differently, I think thats what they were bothered about, they just want to get things right. They now seem to have their act together and all clips and catches match. Hope I can help.

Comment

As a company Matchbox are one of the best company,s that Ive ever dealt with nothings to much trouble for them just get on the phone they will soon sort it.

Comment

Working...
                              X