Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Free stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free stuff

Free: one tub of Sonubaits/Preston Fibre Paste.

This marvel of marketing hype came 3rd in the prestigious Droid Useless Preston Products Awards.

It was comprehensively beaten by:

1) The Preston 'Power' handle that wasn't (broke under the massive strain of a 5lb carp) and

2) The Preston Double Net Bag that lost a clip the first time I used it and has since delaminated.

The paste did however beat:
    4) The Preston XL Feeder Arm which has thunmbscrews with thread that's about 5mm too short, so the whole issue falls apart as you're trying to adjust it. It's usable but very annoying. Congratulations Preston, you must have saved at least 2p per thumbscrew there...

Anyhow.
    The paste is free to the first person to PM me to find out where in Sunny Tamworth I live. Otherwise it's going in the bin 22.00 Tuesday.
    If I'm feeling generous, I might add a couple of the Method Moulds, another solution in search of a problem from the genius of Preston. I've got to work up the energy to find them.

I thank you.
    Last edited by droid; 20 September 2010, 11:30 AM.

I saw a mate using that fibre paste stuff, and he couldn't get it off his hands - it was like glue. He would've been better off using bubblegum

I expect you will still get a PM from someone though
    Warm Guinness is better than no Guinness at all!

Comment

I don't want any of your free stuff but your thread did make me laugh so thanks for that. I've got one of those Preston feeder arms you refer to and I simply changed the thumbscrews for longer ones I had lying around and it's perfect but I do agree the original ones are far too short and WILL fall out into the lake!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by droid View Post
        another solution in search of a problem from the genius of Preston. I've got to work up the energy to find them.

I thank you.

No, thank you! Very funny post
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

bttt

In accordance with the custom on here, I will now proceed to 'bttt' at least 5 more times today.....lol

Comment

I'm confused! Are you giving away the landing net handle and feeder arm?????????????

Comment

no u dumber read it hes giving away the fibre paste!!!!
              [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Sorry, worth a try eh!?

Comment

bttt

Comment

Bttt, just incase you forgot.

Very funny, my mate likes the Paste but when I told him to PM you, he said he didn't like it that much.

Comment

He's got 20 minutes to change his mind.

Otherwise the paste gets it.....lol

Comment

Could there be a last minute reprieve for the poor old paste
                        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

bin it,best place for it

Comment

Stick it on your bedpost.... it might improve overnight !
                            [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Gawn....and never knew it's Muvver....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X