Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Traders - Those selling many items PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traders - Those selling many items PLEASE READ

Hi,

It has been noted that there are a fair few sellers on this section of TALK ANGLING that are selling a large amount of tackle regularly.

If this is you then you are currently enjoying being able to sell FOR FREE as we dont charge any fees like eBay etc.

DONT WORRY - it is my intention to try and keep this the case in that we will keep it free to use!

HOWEVER - if you are using this site as a trader can you please add your name to this thread along with your address - I will then count you as a more trusted seller on the site and upgrade your membership of the site to TRUSTED TRADER, obviously if I then receive any complaints about you then you may have the status withdrawn. The intention is to build a network of traders on the site that members can trust.

DO NOT apply to be a trusted trader until you have made at least 50 posts on the forum.

WHAT I WANT IN RETURN - to be a trusted trader I would like you to put a link from your facebook or other website back to www.talkangling.co.uk - basically the more links we can get to the site the more people will visit the site and therefore the more sales you will make! So please help us build the site and get more people onto it - remember thats the only way I can keep the site free.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Simon, put my details down mate,

Gaz Butler
    TackleFinder,
    7 - 9 Agnes Road,
    Barnsley,
    S70 1NJ.
    07900231294 / 01226231373
    www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

So - this thread has been up for nearly a month and it has had OVER 500 views and only 1 reply....

What am I supposed to deduce from that? Is it that there are alot of people selling gear on here as traders and dont want their names and addresses made public for various reasons whatever they may be.

The intention of having a list of TRUSTED TRADERS was to help you guys sell more and give buyers confidence - it doesnt seem as if that is going to happen now.

I am going to have to introduce a listing fee if people are not wanting to comply with this policy - suggestions welcome from those of you that are listing several items a month, I am willing to give those that are paying a monthly listing fee a benefit such as the ability to edit their own posts and sticky their threads etc but the time has come that this section of the site needs to be controlled and after all you are all advertising on the site for free currently.
      Simon Young
      Admin

Comment

What makes a "Trader" Simon????

I sell lots of gear though the forum, all my own gear that i have purchased for my own use.
        Im currently selling a full match set up for a computerless friend.

It looks like i sell loads & i do BUT im not a trader..... i dont buy then sell for a profit, I advertise gear on here at cheap prices so that fellow T.A members can benefit.

WHAT IS A TRADER, SOMEONE WHO MAKES A LIVING FROM IT, BUYS AND SELLS GEAR FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PROFIT??..... PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Comment

That you only have one trader?????

Comment

Very funny mr trentman!

OK, lets clarify - Simon I would classify you as a trader on the site (someone who sells a fair bit of gear wether it be for profit or not) - basically I would then list you as a trusted trader as you are not generating any complaints against you and are a benefit to the other members of the site as you say you sell and that gives other members cheap prices.
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

"Trader" is the wrong word Simon.

I am NOT in the "Angling Trade" NOR do i "Buy and Sell / Trade in" tackle for profit...... im just a tackle tart / match angler!!

I sell my own personal items, unwanted items..... thats NOT TRADING in my eyes...... and i expect many other forum members that do the same!!!

You are welcome to my details at anytime.... Brian G has them anyway as i do your "T.A Box stickers" for him!
              Last edited by Silvers Si; 4 May 2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

"What am I supposed to deduce from that? Is it that there are alot of people selling gear on here as traders and dont want their names and addresses made public for various reasons whatever they may be."

With the greatest of respect Simon SHOWING NAMES / ADRESSES / CONTACT DETAILS on an open forum for the world to see is asking for problems, Ive had my kit stolen once - dont fancy it happening again!!

Comment

please give Simon a break, He has explained himself and he is a real genuine guy who helps people out with good honest deals and he is by know way a trader because the deals are to good. Kind regards , Steve.

Comment

Bad idea to publish your details on a forum.

Although I would be reluctant to go and rob tacklefinder, cos I'm honest, he might catch me and press gang me into a 6 month tour of Afghanistan. That would be bad.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

OK, I agree then for those reasons it is probably a bad idea for me to actually publish peoples address on the open forum.

Can we change it to - if you want your status upgraded to TRUSTED TRADER then you PM me your name / address and phone number - I will not publish them but the buyers will know that any serious problems they can can come to me.

I need to make the selling section more professional especially where it concerns the people who are listing lots of items.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin

Comment

Working...
                      X